Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 Knowledge Requested on Admiral Blue Cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:33 PM
JD Shredds
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

The questions were answered already ('96 AB was GS only - standard color on '94-'95, including a few ZR-1s).

Your wife has good taste. I wasn't sure about Admiral Blue (over Quasar, another favorite of mine) but when I saw Admiral in the sunshine... wow. I don't think another color competes with it in direct sunlight. It's freaking electric.

I really want an LT4 + AB car, but I'm not particular keen on Grand Sports (I like them, but it's not my look). Also, I find GS's over-valued, and I'm a sucker for bang for your buck (a base LT4 is some of the best bang for your buck available). For the price of GS's, I would skip them and get into an entry ZR-1.

With all that said, an LT1 can be mildly modded to be pretty close to an LT4, and sometimes you might get lucky enough to find one already done for you (LT4 cam, rockers, intake etc etc).
Old 02-21-2017, 08:00 PM
Karsten
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Think out side the box....Forget the popular colors and go green, Polo Green and Black.

Karsten
Old 02-21-2017, 08:34 PM
jay23ls
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by JD Shredds
The questions were answered already ('96 AB was GS only - standard color on '94-'95, including a few ZR-1s).

Your wife has good taste. I wasn't sure about Admiral Blue (over Quasar, another favorite of mine) but when I saw Admiral in the sunshine... wow. I don't think another color competes with it in direct sunlight. It's freaking electric.

I really want an LT4 + AB car, but I'm not particular keen on Grand Sports (I like them, but it's not my look). Also, I find GS's over-valued, and I'm a sucker for bang for your buck (a base LT4 is some of the best bang for your buck available). For the price of GS's, I would skip them and get into an entry ZR-1.

With all that said, an LT1 can be mildly modded to be pretty close to an LT4, and sometimes you might get lucky enough to find one already done for you (LT4 cam, rockers, intake etc etc).
Youtube videos do a pretty good job showing off AB but when you see it in person... I was sold before I even drove it.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:59 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

By the time you get an LT1 to act like an LT4 you'll spend more money than an LT4 would have cost.

The LT4 has L98 torque and LT1 horsepower. That's a great combination.

Richard Newton
Solo 2 and the C4
Old 03-02-2017, 11:32 AM
jdlclam
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

Here's my '94 in AB. Clearly a different tone on the new models, but no less stunning (especially in the sunlight).

Quick Reply: C4 Knowledge Requested on Admiral Blue Cars