C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Looking for a datalog from a C4

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 03:08 PM
N0DIH
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a datalog from a C4

I was wondering if you fellow LT1 tuners can help. I had an idea some time ago that we could use the oil temp input on the B/D bodies (unused on these cars) as a port to be used for datalogging with a wideband O2. Makes sense to me at least.

Can somone send me a datalog they used with TTS Datamaster or Freescan (or any other .csv or .xls format) so I can look over it?

If anyone has any info to add, the thread is here: http://impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ult...;f=34;t=002538

Thanks!!
Tom
N0DIH
aka RamAirRocket...
Old 10-08-2006, 07:39 PM
VenkmanP
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What exactly do you want? Just any scan that includes oil temp?

Here's one:
http://www.geocities.com/vis_croceus...n_20060720.zip

Might want to search here and on camaroz28.com. The problem of inputting a wideband into the PCM has been solved before. My understanding from reading past threads is that the oil temp input is a poor choice.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:01 PM
N0DIH
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look for in particular a Vette datalog to see how oil temp shows.

Seems there is a pullup resistor on the line, so that may end up needing to be removed to make it a normal std A/D input. So it should be a good input if that is done.

That datalog is perfect, thanks!!!

Last edited by N0DIH; 10-08-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:19 PM
MaxLean
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Here, read this. It's something I posted on Camaroz28.com about integrating the LM1 wide band into the datastream. Let me know what you think.

I remember a while back there was a question on how to log with an LM-1 and integrate it into a Datamaster log. I don't remember if there was any resoloution, but I've got an idea. I've got a '94 C4 and it is equiped with the third o2 sensor that would eventually become the catalyst monitor. It's been pretty much useless as it just mimmicks the o2 sensor just ahead of it. The data from it is available with a scan tool and Datamaster sees it as "O2b". Since it is essentially a 0v-1v input right into the PCM, I thought it would be the perfect canidate to hook the LM-1s analog output up too. I configured the LM-1 to output a linear 10.0:1-20.0:1 as 0-1v. I.e., 450mv=14.5, 125mv=12.5, etc. So far, it seems to be working perfectly. I don't know how well it's calibrated, but I did have the LM-1 output a fixed voltage and the data stream indicated the same. So far I've set the LM-1 to "instant" response. The graph shows ALOT of activity and could stand to be filtered. I was thinking of setting the output to 1/12, or 1/6 speed and see if that improves things. It's very convient to do it this way. I even powered the LM-1 off the 12v that's present for the old o2s heater. Made a simple jumper harness and it's all plug an play. Don't know if this is only possible on the Y body, but it's worth checking out.
Hope this helps someone.
Scott

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a datalog from a C4

Quick Reply: Looking for a datalog from a C4