C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need chip('93 LT1 w/hot cam)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 02:19 AM
kman0066
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Need chip('93 LT1 w/hot cam)

I have a 1993 6spd w/ the hot cam kit/intake/exhaust/and a crane cams ignition.
I know of ed wright, but at $350 that's too much.

Just a shot in the dark, but does anyone have the same/ or nearly the same mods and can burn chips?

Else, what's the cheaper way to go than ed wright?
Old 11-02-2002, 03:02 AM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Need chip('93 LT1 w/hot cam) (kman0066)

I have similar mods and I can burn chips, but my original program was from Ed Wright. I also haven't made enough changes to it to call it my own yet. As such I can't just copy it because it would be like me giving away what Ed is selling.

I can tell you this much though, the stock program seems to do pretty decent with the Hot Cam. Changing the rev limiter alone will help out a great deal. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the different chip variations either. The only way I know to burn a chip would be if I had your original so I could make an image of it, change it and then burn that back onto another chip. My burner is very old as well so I can't burn to the newer flash chips. So basically I can't help you too much other than point you in the direction of somebody who can. Contact Craig Marcho here on the forum. I believe he wrote the FAQ at the top tuning section. He may be able to do you some good. :cheers:
Old 11-02-2002, 04:54 AM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Default Re: Need chip('93 LT1 w/hot cam) (kman0066)

PCMfor LEss will build a custom chip , if you can get DIACOM data etc, after you install there chip to get the data for 150.00 . The customer service is fantastic, and there is allot of good responses fom people who have used there chips. I am getting a chip done now. http://www.pcmforless.com
Old 11-02-2002, 05:28 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Default Re: Need chip('93 LT1 w/hot cam) (steve40th)

PCMfor LEss will build a custom chip , if you can get DIACOM data etc, after you install there chip to get the data for 150.00 . The customer service is fantastic, and there is allot of good responses fom people who have used there chips. I am getting a chip done now. http://www.pcmforless.com
The adapter they show which allows you to switch from one program to another with the turn of a **** is very interesting. I am mainly thinking of the emissions setting.

Get notified of new replies

To Need chip('93 LT1 w/hot cam)

Quick Reply: Need chip('93 LT1 w/hot cam)