C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

96' won't stay running

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 11:59 PM
drochau
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 96' won't stay running

Codes P0107

P1371

Car is a 96' LT4 with a procharger, FAST, any suggestions? Diagnosis? PLEASE help, I've reduced myself to banging my head against the wall figuring this crap out.
-Dave
Old 07-03-2005, 12:15 PM
ShaneL
Advanced

This should help a little.

P0107

P0107

P0107

P1371

P1371

P1371
Old 07-03-2005, 01:05 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by drochau
Codes P0107

P1371

Car is a 96' LT4 with a procharger, FAST, any suggestions? Diagnosis? PLEASE help, I've reduced myself to banging my head against the wall figuring this crap out.
-Dave

You have a FAST EFI system to control the engine?? Or is it running off the stock PCM? If you have a FAST system what harness was used to connect to the FAST box, and what was left to go to the stock PCM?

If you are sharing signals between the stock and the FAST box, its easy to get rid of the MAP sensor code 0107. You need to share the signal output from pin "B" of the MAP sensor between the two ECMs. All that is needed to do this is to run a parallel circuit between the two ECMs to read the MAP sensor output signal.

The low resolution opti signal is another story, I don't think you can share that signal because of its low current output. One device may drain enough off the circuit to cause an error with the other. I beleive that you would have to dedicate that low res signal to the FAST system as it uses that for a spark reference signal in order to drive the injectors. The stock PCM requires that its spark reference as well, but if the FAST is performing engine management duties that point is moot. The PCM also uses that signal to drive the fuel pump circuit during cranking, that is until the oil pressure switch closes and continues to run the pump.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:24 PM
drochau
Racer

Shane you rock! Those pages should help a little, though not much is stock regarding the fuel system anymore But at least I can check the usual suspects.

I'm not certain whether the FAST is running off the PCM or not. My hunch is no because the injectors are controlled by the FAST and the PCM doesn't even get to witness the injector pulses with its own wires anymore.

Does this sound like a fried opti? I passed visual inspection, no sign of coolant leakage nor any conditions while driving that would've fried it. What are the symptoms of a bad ICM? This is my hunch since it is a stock module. Thanks in advance!
-Dave

Get notified of new replies

To 96' won't stay running

Quick Reply: 96' won't stay running