C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Pump Gas 427 flow chart

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Blown Vette
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Pump Gas 427 flow chart

Better than expected flow numbers. Heads were built for a real street engine running 10.0 to 1 compression and a streetable cam. Amazing work from one of the best porters in the country. The flow chart was done in MD when the heads were returned to confirm the flow numbers.

The heads are a rare set of untouched (before I got them) PRO raised runner heads. One of, if not the best SBC heads ever made short of the Nascar stuff.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:45 PM
SloRvette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Without saving that photo and blowing it up I couldn't make out the numbers.

I take it the heads were flowed at 25" and then the numbers corrected to 28" ?

Pretty damn impressive all across the board. What are the spec's - valve sizes, minimum CSA, runner volume ?
Old 05-12-2006, 07:59 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

So you are going to have a blown ZL1 with 355cfm heads in your 90 C4? JHC! Think you'll have enough power?
Are you going to have a cam with .7 lift to get the max from the heads, because I thought you couldn't go with a real big cam on a blown car?

How much rwhp are you expecting?
Is the going to be a street car or a "Real Street" class drag car?
Old 05-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Blown Vette
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
So you are going to have a blown ZL1 with 355cfm heads in your 90 C4? JHC! Think you'll have enough power?
Are you going to have a cam with .7 lift to get the max from the heads, because I thought you couldn't go with a real big cam on a blown car?

How much rwhp are you expecting?
Is the going to be a street car or a "Real Street" class drag car?
I am having a NA pump gas true street engine built. I had my fill of supercharged engines and want something simple and drivable. I asked the engine builder to build the engine like he would for himself with the stipulation that when it is on the dyno it makes 620+ HP and can race at WOT on 93 oct pump gas.

The cam has not been ordered so I don't know the specs. I would guess it will be in the mid to high 600 range based on the flow chart.

Get notified of new replies

To Pump Gas 427 flow chart

Quick Reply: Pump Gas 427 flow chart