C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

valve stem pressure sensors

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 12:41 PM
bajr51
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default valve stem pressure sensors

Need to locate valve stem tire pressure sensors for a 95. Both front stems were broken, as a result the LTP system shows a trouble / service light, this will not allow the cruise control to work. I either need to replace the stems or find a way to bypass the LTP system.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:16 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Hmmm - I think all C4's had the tire pressure sensors attached to the wheel, not the valve stem.

its a big box with a band clamp around the inside of the wheel. You have to remove the tire to see it.
Someone with a 95 FSM point this guy out to the correct troubleshooting procedures for his LTPWS light and cruise control issues? Mines a 92 so I can't help too much.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by jaa1992
Hmmm - I think all C4's had the tire pressure sensors attached to the wheel, not the valve stem.

its a big box with a band clamp around the inside of the wheel. You have to remove the tire to see it.
Someone with a 95 FSM point this guy out to the correct troubleshooting procedures for his LTPWS light and cruise control issues? Mines a 92 so I can't help too much.
Your 95 has a box that gets straped onto the inner drum of the wheel itself. The box has a colored label on it and they are specific for each wheel i.e. you can't have two of the same else the central system can't tell which wheel is sending out a low pressure warning.

The fact that your DIC system is displaying a service LTPWS light should have no impact on your cruse control at all. I have the sensors on my summer wheels and not my winter ones and I use the cruse all the time
Old 05-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Red Dwarf
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The sensors are particular to each wheel. They are powered by a Pizo battery that gets its energy when the wheel starts turning. Each sensor has a diffferent frequency that reports to the LTPWS module.

If one doesn't report you get a code.. System will also tell you if you have a low tire condition.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...SSENSOR001.jpg

Don't know what year these are from, but it's just for reference.

If you do have them replaced make sure you find someone familiar with the replacement procedure.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:23 AM
bajr51
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I got the cruise working, dry rot in a vacumn line.
Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
Your 95 has a box that gets straped onto the inner drum of the wheel itself. The box has a colored label on it and they are specific for each wheel i.e. you can't have two of the same else the central system can't tell which wheel is sending out a low pressure warning.

The fact that your DIC system is displaying a service LTPWS light should have no impact on your cruse control at all. I have the sensors on my summer wheels and not my winter ones and I use the cruse all the time

Get notified of new replies

To valve stem pressure sensors

Quick Reply: valve stem pressure sensors