C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1993 LT1 Corvette CCM/BCM Programming and Problems !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 05:52 PM
vetteboy78
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1993 LT1 Corvette CCM/BCM Programming and Problems !!

My 93 has had starting issues for almost 2 years and has been parked since the problem occured.
It will start after sitting for a long period of time, but will NOT start again once it has been started. The SYS light comes on along with the SECURITY light.
Common problem from what I have read on the forum, and other sites is the Body Control Module / Central Control Module. Part is no longer serviced by General Motors.
I did manage to find a rebuilt unit, and needed to know what would happen if I were to plug this one in ? So after peeling the dash pad off along with many other gadgets, I removed the old one and plugged the new/rebuilt one in. I hooked the battery up and tried to fire her up.
Nothing happened. I have SECURITY light flashing, and SYS is intermittent.
I have not put the dash back together, as this was just a test to see what would one expect by re & re this module.

So my gathering leads me to get the old one rebuilt, any ideas who is a reputalble shop ? I think the VATS system is not to commuting with the new CCM. Any thoughts ?? My information centre seems to be fine. All the warnging lights turn on and turn off.

The mileage is also wrong. I assumed that since it was a rebuilt unit, the mileage would be zero, and it would need to be programmed as well. Any ideas on this issue as well ??

On a last note, local GM dealers in Vancouver B.C, did not want to attempt taking on this task. A GM dealer did diagnose the problem when it first started, but could not get the part.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.
If anyone needs any help trying to get to the BCM/CCM I would kindly pass info as well.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:04 PM
joe paco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the new ccm has to be programmed to the old key, right? page 9d-6 in the 91 fsm.

if it didn't start and SECURITY was on steady, it was not reading the key. what is it doing when you say no start? several threads on here with similar issues. "Nothing" means something different to each person. may not be ccm related.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:17 AM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

From your description I think you got a used CCM, if it was rebuilt it would have zero miles or the seller would have programmed it with your existing mileage.
I am told but have not confirmed that this company can rebuild CCM's http://gmautocomputers.com/ They will need your key information, mileage and vehicle options to program it correctly for your car or you will need a Tech 1 scan tool so you can do it yourself after installation.
Mileage must be set within the first 100 miles or it will become locked and cannot be changed using the Tech 1.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:29 AM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteboy78
My 93 has had starting issues for almost 2 years and has been parked since the problem occured.
If it was my car I would get a memcal with VATS deleted so I could at least start and drive the car
while I sorted out the problem

Possible it is the hard to identify and solve DTC 41 problem
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-s...cm-or-ccm.html
Old 06-25-2012, 07:41 AM
kalister1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is a "Loss of Serial Communication"
The serial link between all the computers is down. When I had this problem it was the ECM that died.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:51 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Sounds like you are way into the serious technical stuff for a possible routine problem. Your making you diagnostic problems worse possibly going in you direction.

Why do you think the CCM is the root of the problem?

VATS is in the CCM.

I would put all back the way it was and go from square 1.

What is no start mean. Does it turn over and won't fire, or just won't turn over.
If it won't crank, it might be a bad starter.

If it cranks and won't fire, you need to check the two basic items of spark and fuel pressure.

When I know if it cranks or not, then I can advise with more accurate information.

The SYS might just indicate a bad battery.

The security light should come on and flash with the door open.

Get notified of new replies

To 1993 LT1 Corvette CCM/BCM Programming and Problems !!

Quick Reply: 1993 LT1 Corvette CCM/BCM Programming and Problems !!