C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Oil press pegs when revving engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 04:10 PM
PapawMike
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil press pegs when revving engine

After many exwives and lost vettes, I finally have another one (not a wife, a Vette). '92 std coupe I picked up with 69k miles. I just changed the oil and the oil pressure is good but when I rev the engine over 3500, and back off quickly the pressure gauge pegs. My last was a C2 and I don't remember this. Of course, I didn't do this before the oil change. That is rev it and watch the oil pressure. Any advice or suggestions and comments are welcome. I am getting ready to take a drive so things might change, and yes I gave the oil time to drain to the oil pan and let the engine warm up. The oil temp was 102.

Just had a chance to update. The oil filter I used is K&N and I put in Mobile One 5W20. The oil gauge pegs max until the oil temp reaches 190 degrees. After that the oil stays around 20 at idle and around 40 while driving.

Is this normal? Is it something I just didn't notice before the oil change? I appreciate any responses.

Last edited by PapawMike; 05-19-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Oil press pegs when revving engine