C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LT-1 crank press on hub

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,946 Likes on 4,785 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Default LT-1 crank press on hub

Not to get into why. But my front crank hub was turned down and it's not a true press on fitting And to top it off the original sae threads in the crank was messed up and now it's the next size up in metric. A metric bolt will draw down and get tight. By only having that hub only bolted down using red loctight Will this cause a issue. Or will I have to get anther hub and carefully press it back on And it seems I only found this hub used. Can it be bought new? Any insight is welcome
Old 08-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Wait a second....in THIS THREAD, You were complaining about how tight a fit your balancer was. What is going on?

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
Not to get into why. But my front crank hub was turned down and it's not a true press on fitting And to top it off the original sae threads in the crank was messed up and now it's the next size up in metric. A metric bolt will draw down and get tight. By only having that hub only bolted down using red loctight Will this cause a issue. Or will I have to get anther hub and carefully press it back on And it seems I only found this hub used. Can it be bought new? Any insight is welcome
IF your balancer is truly loose, I have used red Loctite on Subaru's that have worbled the crank and they have worked O.K.

Quick Reply: LT-1 crank press on hub