C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Replacing Headliner on 1995 LT1

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Vol95
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replacing Headliner on 1995 LT1

My headliner, which I believe is the original one, has been sagging. I decided to replace it. I bought a replacement from Eckler's along with a heat/acoustic shield padding.

Now I have a few questions. I am sorry if some just seem plain stupid. I would rather ask than presume. Life is just easier that way.

1. The replacement headliner came on a backing board. I keep the fabric on the backing board when I apply it to the targa roof panel?

2. The padding mentioned above does not match the size of the roof panel, and it has cut outs in it. Has anyone used this? Is this correct?

3. The Velcro instructions impress me as odd. I understand putting one half on the roof panel. Then, to me, the instructions seem to do this the hard way. I have to align the other half to the replacement panel, then hope they line up. Why not just keep the Velcro pieces together, take off the tape and press on the replacement headliner panel. Am I missing something?

I respectfully request suggestions. This job impresses me as one that should be easy. The instructions that came with it and the shape of the padding make it seem awkward.

Thank you for your time
Old 07-26-2014, 09:29 AM
jispr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some years back I bought a large cardboard box, some 1/4" foam, and some leather from a fabric store. Cut the board and foam to fit, glued the foam to the board, wrapped the board and foam with the leather, glued it to the board. Then glued it all to the roof. I used black silicone. It's a custom look and provides some extra insulation. To me looks way better than cloth. I'll never have to do it again and your cloth will fall again. Good luck

Quick Reply: Replacing Headliner on 1995 LT1