C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

89 Corvette with EXH TEMP warning light

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 10:39 PM
ABOVELANDER
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 Corvette with EXH TEMP warning light

Hello,
I am looking at buying a 89 Corvette and the Service Parts Identification label indicates it is a NN5 California Emission car.
Are there any exhaust or emissions parts that are unique to NN5 cars ?
I noticed that just above the headlight switch there is what appears to be a warning light that says EXH TEMP.
The current owner has no idea what this is.
Has anyone ever seen this before and what is it for ?
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2014, 08:42 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Originally Posted by ABOVELANDER
Hello,
I am looking at buying a 89 Corvette and the Service Parts Identification label indicates it is a NN5 California Emission car.
Are there any exhaust or emissions parts that are unique to NN5 cars ?
I noticed that just above the headlight switch there is what appears to be a warning light that says EXH TEMP.
The current owner has no idea what this is.
Has anyone ever seen this before and what is it for ?
Is there a UD6 option or some other unusual U or V RPO's? UD6 is a converter temperature option but I believe it was only done on cars with EXPORT requirements. Do you know if your cluster is original or not?

The UD6 option is only cataloged in SPO publications for '84 - '85 and then skips to '94 - '96. Do you have maybe a build sheet for your car? Where is the car located?
Old 08-30-2014, 08:33 PM
ABOVELANDER
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Is there a UD6 option or some other unusual U or V RPO's? UD6 is a converter temperature option but I believe it was only done on cars with EXPORT requirements. Do you know if your cluster is original or not?

The UD6 option is only cataloged in SPO publications for '84 - '85 and then skips to '94 - '96. Do you have maybe a build sheet for your car? Where is the car located?
Seller does not have a build sheet, from the Service Parts Identification inside the center console the car has UU8, U52, VG8, V01 and V73.
The cluster says 70K but the interior and exterior looks like 140K miles, very possible as you suggest, the cluster has been changed.

Get notified of new replies

To 89 Corvette with EXH TEMP warning light

Quick Reply: 89 Corvette with EXH TEMP warning light