C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need help with my cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 07:02 AM
70chev
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my cruise control

Hi guys,

Just bought an 84 corvette and want to fix the cruise control. I can see that there are two hose fittings that go onto the bottom of the cruise control diaphragm, but mine don't have any hoses connected. The rest appears to be there though. I've googled and seen some diagrams of the hose setup, but can't make out exactly where the larger and smaller diameter vacuum homes go. Does someone have a good, simple diagram, or some photos showing where each end of both hoses goes please?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Darren
Old 10-14-2014, 06:01 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Larger hose goes to the interior ...attaching to the switch that is controlled by your brake pedal. That is a FUN one to service. The smaller vacuum hose is attached in the vacuum hose that gets 'T'd off and goes to your round black plastic vacuum storage ball in front of your drivers front tire area.

DUB
Old 10-14-2014, 06:59 PM
fpnmf
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome..I have an 84 too..

You will eventually need this..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Chevrolet-Corvette-Mechanics-Workshop-Service-Repair-Manual-CD-Factory-Spec-/400443164557?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item5d3c45c78d&vxp=mtr

Craig

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with my cruise control

Quick Reply: Need help with my cruise control