C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

seats and hood support

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 07:53 PM
jseremba
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Default seats and hood support

hello,

I own a 1984 4 plus 3. the car is stock. The seats are original and need repair. So I want to replace them and was wondering are the sport seats better i.e. more comfortable, supportive. OR should I buy a set of aftermarket seats. Any suggestions on a seat manufacturer. I use the car for daily driving and occasionally some high performance driving.
Hood support. My hood support has fully collapsed and no longer works. On ebay they sell some shocks for hood support struts. Is there a kit to make these work or do I have to buy another one of the original type supports.

Thank you
Joe
Old 10-28-2014, 06:57 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Sport seats are completely different. The controls, air pump and such are replaceable and some of them are hard to find. Getting other seats may be an option...but that is up to what you like.

AS for the hood...replacing the scissor support will be the fastest. To change to the later design is a bit involved...but can be done.

DUB
Old 10-28-2014, 08:23 PM
pezter22
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a '84 Z51 with a Tremec TKO600 (used to have a DN 4+3).

DUB's right, changing over to the Sport seats involves a bit more. Unless you can find some that are manual settings. The Standard seats are pretty easy to work with and replacement parts easy to find at the usual Corvette suppliers (best would be Corvette America).

It's better to just get the scissors hood support. The later model which is much better. I've bought three scissor hood supports so far, because they break easily. (Don't work on your car on a windy day)

I bought an '86 support but have not tried to put it in yet. The '84 hood has no mounting points like the later models. It mounts on the driver's side. It's possible, it involves drilling some holes in the frame and hood and some nutserts to mount everything.

good luck.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:24 PM
pezter22
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Check out these seats... I'm looking to buy a driver's seat.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/fia-seats/forza-sport/

Get notified of new replies

To seats and hood support

Quick Reply: seats and hood support