C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Seat Cushion Straps

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 01:38 PM
akbeaver
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Seat Cushion Straps

Anyone know how many seat cushion support straps are supposed to be in the seat cushion frame? Looks like at least two. My seats have two in the center two slots.

There appear to be two additional slots outside of the two center slots where the center straps are mounted for a total of four strap mounting slots. Did some seats come with four straps?

Are these slots for the addition of two more straps if you want/need more support or firmness?

Just wondering.....
Old 11-21-2014, 09:09 PM
gdl2165
Pro

Received 116 Likes on 83 Posts

I'm sure it's going to depend on what year and whether you're talking standard or sport seats. My 96 with sport seats have two straps, each about two inches wide.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:13 PM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by gdl2165
I'm sure it's going to depend on what year and whether you're talking standard or sport seats. My 96 with sport seats have two straps, each about two inches wide.
my standard seat 93 has 2 but looks like there's room for a third
Old 11-21-2014, 10:37 PM
akbeaver
Instructor

Originally Posted by gdl2165
My 'vette is a 1994 coupe with the sport seats. I have two straps.

The Service Manual does not seem to show a definitive picture but the diagrams appear to depict two straps.

Has anyone tried to add more straps to their seats??
Old 11-22-2014, 09:16 AM
ANTI VENOM
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by akbeaver
Anyone know how many seat cushion support straps are supposed to be in the seat cushion frame? Looks like at least two. My seats have two in the center two slots.

There appear to be two additional slots outside of the two center slots where the center straps are mounted for a total of four strap mounting slots. Did some seats come with four straps?

Are these slots for the addition of two more straps if you want/need more support or firmness?

Just wondering.....
I wondered the same thing. My 91 with sport seats have 2 and the white covering on them flakes off and gets in the carpet. Kinda pisses me off.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:01 PM
akbeaver
Instructor

Originally Posted by ANTI VENOM
I wondered the same thing. My 91 with sport seats have 2 and the white covering on them flakes off and gets in the carpet. Kinda pisses me off.
My are kind of a white and black weave of elastic threads. Mostly white but no white covering to flake off.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:51 AM
Mark8801
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering.....
This may explain it. From what I've read they went to the two strap set-up later on.

Name:  bottomwsprings.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  23.6 KB
Old 11-23-2014, 01:01 PM
akbeaver
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mark8801
This may explain it. From what I've read they went to the two strap set-up later on.

Attachment 47842749
Thanks. Just a little bit of Corvette history added to the story and everything becomes clear.

What year model is the pictured cushion support?
Old 11-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Mark8801
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Just a little bit of Corvette history added to the story and everything becomes clear.

What year model is the pictured cushion support?
I don't know. It's a picture I snagged from an old ebay add. I see them for sale every now and then and think the latest year I've seen was an 88.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Cushion Straps

Quick Reply: Seat Cushion Straps