C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

B&B exhaust on 95 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Bmblbee48
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&B exhaust on 95 Vette

Has anyone installed B&B exhaust on the c4? I was going to go with Borla, but I understand the sound from the Borla is just a little louder than the stock exhaust. I want it a fairly louder sound and I like the B&B tips better.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:23 PM
blue94
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmblbee48
Has anyone installed B&B exhaust on the c4? I was going to go with Borla, but I understand the sound from the Borla is just a little louder than the stock exhaust. I want it a fairly louder sound and I like the B&B tips better.
Borla is a lot louder than stock, especially if you are running LT's, so much that I took them off as they were too loud inside the car when I installed LT's. B&B's are louder than Borlas but be careful of what you wish for... drone.

BTW I did love the sound from the outside of the car.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:38 PM
sumrtoy
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmblbee48
Haven't installed them. Have ridden in C4's with them, and others. You'll get loud with BB at pretty much the entire power band. For some of us the mind numbing drone at around 1800 rpm is too much on a long trip. Suggest you go to a vette event and see if you can hear for your self. Look up some of the comments on different threads here. For what it's worth, i have Corsa on my C4. nice rumble at idle, loud at WOT and no drone at highway speeds. Similar to BB i had an older Mgnaflow on my modified 1980 L82. I'm not specifically comparing BB to Magnaflow, but drone is drone and that drone was awful. Pretty much kept the wife out of the car
Old 02-08-2015, 07:46 PM
mxnuke
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have them on mine. I like them alot but they can be loud at WOT.Most the time just driving around they are not too bad.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:29 PM
James93LT1
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

B&B's
Old 02-09-2015, 08:37 AM
RVY
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default RE:B&B Exhaust

I've run the B&B's since '95. If you decide to go this route note the following:

DROAN after a while is insufferable! You can however block off the inner muffler exhausts.

Do not install a B&B X pipe. Unless of course you wish to really irritate your neighbors.

If my car were still a daily driver I would strongly consider another approach.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:38 AM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by RVY
Do not install a B&B X pipe. Unless of course you wish to really irritate your neighbors.
It is my understanding that an X-pipe will quiet an exhaust somewhat, due to the fact that each exhaust pulse is now exiting through two mufflers instead of one.

??
B&B says this about its 2 1/2" system: " this 2.5” system uses the same technology with a combination of sound cancelation and absorption in the straight through design mufflers to give a nice deep exhaust note on acceleration with a mild tone at idle and cruising speeds and no interior resonance." (italics mine)
I'd go Billy Boat, but what do I know.

Last edited by rocco16; 02-10-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:31 PM
HillbillyBill
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rocco16
It is my understanding that an X-pipe will quiet an exhaust somewhat, due to the fact that each exhaust pulse is now exiting through two mufflers instead of one.

??
B&B says this about its 2 1/2" system: " this 2.5” system uses the same technology with a combination of sound cancelation and absorption in the straight through design mufflers to give a nice deep exhaust note on acceleration with a mild tone at idle and cruising speeds and no interior resonance." (italics mine)
I'd go Billy Boat, but what do I know.
I have the 3" B&B with x-pipe. I love it. It sets off car alarms when I drive by parked cars. don't know about the drone because of M-6 speed. Just change gears. It's loud, but in a good way. can't wait for long tube headers and no cats.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:27 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 620 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by HillbillyBill
I have the 3" B&B with x-pipe. I love it. It sets off car alarms when I drive by parked cars. don't know about the drone because of M-6 speed. Just change gears. It's loud, but in a good way. can't wait for long tube headers and no cats.
I've heard people that have longtubes say that, their LT1 isn't any louder
Old 02-11-2015, 05:28 PM
RVY
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HillbillyBill
If you think it's loud now. Just wait until you kill the cats and put on the headers

Get notified of new replies

To B&B exhaust on 95 Vette

Quick Reply: B&B exhaust on 95 Vette