C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Relays under dash Q.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:58 PM
MikeT 90 C4sixer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Relays under dash Q.....

on my '90 C4 (NOT a ZR-1). Well i have quite a bit of the dash panels removed, to work on other things.....and want to confirm the locations of some of the relays. I do have a 2-book FSM, so i am referencing these books often. So, under the drivers side, 2 sets of relays on opposite sides of the column. On the right side, the far one is MIA, thus i am assuming that one would be for the fuel pump #2, which i do not have. the one next to it is for the Bose amp. I need that. On the left side, 2 more relays and the turn flasher. Correct? some pictures in my FSM have the flasher on the right side of the column. And some pictures show the right side 2 relays swapped..... I just want to confirm what I think is right. Also, the left side (of column) relay bracket is broken, and is quite a mess. The higher power relay, A/C clutch, socket is totally gone, and the wires are just taped into the relay. And both relays were taped together, not using the mounting bracket at all. And i see that the relay bracket is riveted up in higher, to another bracket, so not easy to fix. Would like to make it right. I did not take any of it apart yet.

Now on the right side of the dash, passenger side. The 5 relays are all there. the 2 on the right side of the duct are held on the bracket where they are supposed to be. The 3 on the left of the duct are just all laying there loose, not on the bracket. Is it normal to find things like this? I will have to reference my FSM, to see which relay is what, and try to get them back down on the bracket. But not right away, since i need to pull more things out, to get to the heater core. I just want to fix all these things up right, the best i can. I am also going to try and get the Bose system all back to original.
Thanks for your support.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:50 PM
MikeT 90 C4sixer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok so here is a pict of left pair of relays under the dash. Quite a mess, huh? Not sure what happened, likely someone broke things, while under there working? Or could the relay socket have burned out? Not sure i dare to unwind all the tape. Can i replace the relay socket? Not looking good to replace the relay bracket.....
Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2022, 01:56 AM
Mark93Vette
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mike. I know this is an old post but did you ever figure out a way to properly mount the relays. Mine too are dangling and when I move one it created a spark and blew my fuel pump maxi fuse.

Get notified of new replies

To Relays under dash Q.....

Quick Reply: Relays under dash Q.....