C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

dash problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Cecils88
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash problems

So I'm new to vetted and I just purchased an 89 with a new MTR that someone converted to carburetor the problem I have is now the gauges and speedo are connected and the dash all lights up but none of the gauges read I checked fuses and the pigtail connection at the gauge cluster still nothing help pleasr
Old 05-04-2015, 02:08 AM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Cecils88
So I'm new to vetted and I just purchased an 89 with a new MTR that someone converted to carburetor the problem I have is now the gauges and speedo are connected and the dash all lights up but none of the gauges read I checked fuses and the pigtail connection at the gauge cluster still nothing help pleasr
Hi

The speedo should work if the same transmission with the electronic speed sensor is still connected, the tacho needs to be wired to the distributor.
Is the ECM still there? can you see any temperature or fuel level display?

Can you see the dash display with sunglasses on?

The dash can fade due to UV and heat damage and Batee has the repair kits if that is the case.

Click the link below to batee's website, there is lots of info on the common failures.

http://www.batee.com/

Quick Reply: dash problems