C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1994 Automatic Climate Control Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 10:00 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchTarga94
Having some issues with my A/C (of course, I am 300 miles from home with the car on vacation). Everything seems to work fine. Fan speed goes up or down with every button press as it should. The air is ice cold and spits out ice cubes. Everything works perfectly, then after an hour or so of driving its like the vents shut off and you hear the blower motor get louder (almost like the blend door is shut and the air has no where to go, if that makes sense?) If I play with the settings for a while, direct the air to the floor, defrost, and then back to auto or recirculate I can usually get it to come back. Then about a half hour later of driving and the vents get weak again. Here is what I have already done:

1. I have replaced the vacuum valve under the passenger side fuel rail cover that directs vacuum to the A/C and Cruise (I thought this actually fixed my issue but apparently not). It was $3.00 and worth a try.

2. Back in January I crawled under the driver side dash and actually removed the programmer. Confirmed everything looked okay upon inspection and the "nipples" on the programmer box weren't pliable or pinched so I don't think they are collapsing under vacuum like some of the other threads on here suggest (but maybe there is an issue there if it controls the blend door?)

When the main dash vents stop blowing hard there is still a little flow. There is also some light flow out of the defrost and floor but like i said, it is very minimal and the blower motor sounds like it is pushing air with no where to go. It is just weird if I play with the settings on the head unit I can usually get it back. Not sure if I should remove the control head and try to clean the contacts next? The control head isn't showing any codes.

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated. I would like to tackle this issue when I get back at my house. Miserable weather is just around the corner and so is more road trips.

Patrick
i had some issues and i simply pushed hard on the face of the
unit.

it started working pefectly, it must have made better contact with the connector

Quick Reply: 1994 Automatic Climate Control Issues