C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'95 passenger side power window help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 10:01 PM
C4_vette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 passenger side power window help

Before I attempt anything or take it to the shop, wanted to see if anyone has seen this issue and how they fixed it.

Went to put the window down and it got about 1/4 way down, was clearly off kilter and there was terrible clicking sound. Since I was driving at the time, my first reaction was crap, put it back up! It sorta went back up but towards the top, same thing, motor running but it stopped moving and made an odd rapid clicking sound and it wasn't straight. I was able to get it back up pretty close to normal with a hand assist, but something obviously has gone off track. I have an air leak now so I know its out of adjustment.

The motor still works, and will move the window up and down to a point, but the window is loose now, you can move it back to front with your hand.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:21 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Sounds like it could be the mounts to he glass have let go and forcing the window to bind and the regulator teeth to skip from being misaligned.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:31 AM
C4_vette
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
Sounds like it could be the mounts to he glass have let go and forcing the window to bind and the regulator teeth to skip from being misaligned.
Thanks!

I removed the door trim and then inner aluminum per the shop manual, all the window mounts are tight, it seems like the regulator itself perhaps has something wrong at this point.

It I don't think the window guides would cause issues at the upper and lower limits, but that is where I get the issue. It will raise and lower just fine between the first 3" and last the 3", those areas i get the motor running clicking sound.

Are there any other adjustments anyone can think of. I do think someone had an issue before and fixed it, the door trim isn't as tight as the driver side.

Only thing I can think of is replacing the window regulator assembly entirely.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:15 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Might be but mine was where it attaches to the glass run it up and down and watch it.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:12 PM
C4_vette
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by C4_vette
Before I attempt anything or take it to the shop, wanted to see if anyone has seen this issue and how they fixed it.

Went to put the window down and it got about 1/4 way down, was clearly off kilter and there was terrible clicking sound. Since I was driving at the time, my first reaction was crap, put it back up! It sorta went back up but towards the top, same thing, motor running but it stopped moving and made an odd rapid clicking sound and it wasn't straight. I was able to get it back up pretty close to normal with a hand assist, but something obviously has gone off track. I have an air leak now so I know its out of adjustment.

The motor still works, and will move the window up and down to a point, but the window is loose now, you can move it back to front with your hand.

*** UPDATE ***

Turns out it was a bad window regulator assembly / motor. I don't know what gave out exactly, but when I pulled the glass off the regulator, it still was clicking and sticking.

New assembly went it fairly easily and now the window is rock solid, and even goes up and down.

I am still a little miffed that it was the passenger side, which gets almost no use whatsoever, but its fixed now!
Old 01-24-2017, 07:36 AM
TorchTarga94
Melting Slicks

Received 191 Likes on 158 Posts

*** UPDATE ***

Turns out it was a bad window regulator assembly / motor. I don't know what gave out exactly, but when I pulled the glass off the regulator, it still was clicking and sticking.

New assembly went it fairly easily and now the window is rock solid, and even goes up and down.

I am still a little miffed that it was the passenger side, which gets almost no use whatsoever, but its fixed now!
How hard was it for you to re-adjust and align the new regulator/motor assembly? I think if you scribe all the bolt holes it should go back together the way it came out but I know that no 2 parts are the same.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:33 PM
Ron B C4
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

*** UPDATE ***

Do you have to pull the regulator out to get at the motor?

Mine is stuck 1/4 way up I try to get my hands in their but cant find the motor. Seems to be really had to get to?

Get notified of new replies

To '95 passenger side power window help

Quick Reply: '95 passenger side power window help