C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How to undo strap on top of fuel tank ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Stingraynut
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default How to undo strap on top of fuel tank ?

I'm planning to replace some corroded fuel lines at the rear of my 88.

I hope to get the fuel lines out without removing the rear bumper or dropping the tank.

According to the manual, the lines are secured on top of the tank by a strap - does anyone know how to undo this or have any pictures - I may be able to reach it through the fuel lid or by removing a tail light, but may not be able to see anything, just feel.

Is it possible ?

Apparently the fuel line replacement was posted by someone a few months ago, but I can't find it, does anyone have a link "?

S'nut
Old 07-21-2004, 12:12 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I am checking the diagram for bastet44's 1987... and there are straps, but they hold the tank in, nothing appears to effect the lines. The only thing I see is a "retainer" that looks more like a rubber thing to isolate fuel pump vibrations.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Stingraynut
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've just read that the archives haven't been moved over to the new forum so that's probably why my search was no good.

I have the GM service manual and there's a diagram on page 6C4 - showing 2 retainers and a strap on the top of the fuel tank securing the fuel lines.

I'm wondering how easy it is to release and re-tightne these, without major removal of components -

Hope someone's got a picture. I'm beginning to think I should get a small video lens and hook it up to a portable TV so I can see inside some of these small places and see how things work!

S'nut

Get notified of new replies

To How to undo strap on top of fuel tank ?

Quick Reply: How to undo strap on top of fuel tank ?