C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Steve@C56
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
No if you already have crank keyway setup then use the correct keyway to lock it to the balancer and that will be good to go.
Ok, thanks (i have ask this cause have read that some use double keys with blower)
Old 08-20-2014, 04:07 PM
phxbob44
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forced indduction

Another member referred me to you. I've ordered a 2015 Stingray with Z51. Do you have a standard reliable centrifical package for the C7? What would be the approx cost installed....and where are you?
Bob

Originally Posted by Andy@AandASuperchargers
SPECIAL NOTICE: As of 4-1-2013 A&A Superchargers now offers 50 State legal systems for all years and models of C5 and C6 Corvettes! C.A.R.B. # D-707 makes our base systems legal for sale and installation in California and all states adopting California emissions regulations.
A&A Corvette Performance is your Corvette Forum Forced Induction sponsor. We manufacture and distribute custom supercharger systems for the C5 and C6 Corvette, utilizing the Vortech head unit. This system is redesigned from the ground up. Our custom supercharger bracket is CNC machined from 5/8” 6061 aluminum and machined on both sides to assure absolute straightness. Pulleys are laser aligned and belt wrap is maximized with our unique pulley arrangement.
We use a large single front mounted intercooler for maximum cooling and flow.
With major improvements implemented to the system in 2006 and again in 2008 this is a true state of the art system.
We do not lay the radiator down at a steep (and inefficient) angle to gain clearance for our inlet ducts. Rather, we manufacture a special formed duct, with a large cross sectional area, to gain clearance over the radiator.
This allows us to position the radiator in it's upright position, where it is open to increased airflow.
The entire radiator cavity is enclosed in laser cut aluminum sheet metal so as not to allow ambient air to escape around the radiator.
We have spent untold hours working on airflow management through both the intercooler and cooling systems.
Air wants to go straight, not around corners and will always take the course of least resistance. For any cooling system It is extremely important that the air be directed where you want it to go and block it from escaping to where you don't want it to go.
With a smoke generator and a miniature camera we were able to see what changes to intercooler position, sheetmetal enclosures and scoops actually made.
We were amazed to see how air actually "bounced off" the surface of the intercooler and rolled over the edge without proper direction and containment.
We feel that we now have the most efficient intercooler design possible, given the limited space available in the Corvette.
A larger intercooler that is installed at a steep angle with no way to direct air through it is terribly inefficient.
Two small intercoolers mounted in the fenderwells with a small opening and no ductwork to force the air through the coolers is equally inefficient.
Looking closely at the intercooler design of our systems (both C5 and C6) you will see that we implement a scoop to capture the air and drive it up into the intercooler. We totally enclose the intercooler on both sides and top so all the air that is "grabbed" by the scoop is actually forced through the intercooler. Hence the name "Ram Air Intercooler". There is nothing else like it on the market.
All of our street systems incorporate the SQ (super quiet) Vortech head unit and no hood change is required.
How about a 500+ RWHP Corvette that sounds and drives like stock?
Want 600- 700 -800 plus RWHP? We can configure a package that will deliver power levels like this and remain truly streetable.
. The YSI head unit, with supporting mods, will routinely make over 800 RWHP.

Details, dyno charts and pictures are available at https://www.aandacorvette.com/cart/s...p?MainCatID=18
Our full systems start at $5495. Our standard system is all you will ever need for any stock short block. There is absolutely no need to upgrade beyond our standard system unless you plan on performing internal engine mods and have aspirations of BIG horsepower.
Our systems include injectors, a custom Turbosmart blowoff valve and necessary fuel system upgrades!
We have our custom supercharger brackets, changeover kits, silicone couplers, mandrel bent ductwork, blowoff valves, custom belt tensioners, injectors, fuel pumps, methanol injection kits,etc. available separately.
Customer support is as important to the customer as the quality of our products. Tech and sales support is available from 8 AM - 9 PM Pacific time.
We urge you to look closely at all the supercharger systems available before deciding. Look at our intercooler design, bracket design, blowoff valve, sheet metal work, ductwork, etc. Download our instructions and see how everything goes together and the attention to detail that comes with our kit. The closer you look, the better our system looks!

We also have a separate performance division for supporting mods such as headers, clutches, custom camshafts, complete engine assemblies and more.
http://www.aacorvette.com/performance/

UPDATE DECEMBER 2009 !! 1000 Systems manufactured and sold!
In December of 2009 we shipped out our ONE THOUSANDTH Corvette supercharger system!
Through constant improvements and unsurpassed customer support, our sales have steadily increased. Thanks to our many happy retail customers and our growing list of authorized installation centers, we reached this milestone and look forward to passing the 2000 mark.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about our systems in particular, or forced induction in general

Our high capacity fuel system is an A&A exclusive. Under normal driving conditions, only the factory pump fuels the engine. This means that the fuel isn't being heated by the large external pump.
Only under boost does the big pump kick in, almost tripling the available fuel output.
The stock fuel rail is utilized and the factory covers fit right on.
We've recently developed a dual pump setup that incorporates two separate pumps in one housng. This will supply fuel for ultra high horsepower builds.
A nice stainless steel bracket mounts our adjustable regulator to the brake booster.
All lines and fittings come pre assembled for easy installation.
No cutting of any factory lines is necessary. Our braided lines snap right on to the factory lines and fuel rail.
A hotwire kit runs power straight from the alternator to the pump. Our dual pump setup includes dual wire harnesses and dual relays that can be set at different boost activation levels.
The relay is triggered by a boost activated switch.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Larzmat
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Ron Davis w EOC install

About to install my Ron Davis radiator with EOC, car is a 02 C5Z with an A&A kit installed. Anyone have any experience with this install? I assume some grinding on the top for the charge tube, but anything else to watch out for?

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2014, 11:38 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by phxbob44
Another member referred me to you. I've ordered a 2015 Stingray with Z51. Do you have a standard reliable centrifical package for the C7? What would be the approx cost installed....and where are you?
Bob

Yes we have a fantastic kit for the new C7's and everyone loves it.

We are located in Oxnard, CA and have been doing 1 install a week lately. Below is the link with more pics and info from our website.

Intro pricing is still in effect.
$5,000 for V3 Si-trim 3.8" SC kit
add $150 for Blacked Out version
Ground shipping to lower 48 states $125

PM sent about possible in-house install.

http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...roducts_id=437

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 08-23-2014, 11:44 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by Larzmat
About to install my Ron Davis radiator with EOC, car is a 02 C5Z with an A&A kit installed. Anyone have any experience with this install? I assume some grinding on the top for the charge tube, but anything else to watch out for?

Thanks!
Not 100% sure about the RD unit. I know with the DeWitts unit you don't have to trim anything if used with our kit.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:44 PM
phxbob44
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

I haven't taken delievery of my 2015 C7 as yet. I think we will take a road trip to your shop and have you do the install. Its been too many years since I built and rebuilt 283's and 327's. What does your standard systemt do hp wise... about 50hp more? At what rpm?

Yes we have a fantastic kit for the new C7's and everyone loves it.

We are located in Oxnard, CA and have been doing 1 install a week lately. Below is the link with more pics and info from our website.

Intro pricing is still in effect.
$5,000 for V3 Si-trim 3.8" SC kit
add $150 for Blacked Out version
Ground shipping to lower 48 states $125

PM sent about possible in-house install.

http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...roducts_id=437
Old 08-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by phxbob44
I haven't taken delievery of my 2015 C7 as yet. I think we will take a road trip to your shop and have you do the install. Its been too many years since I built and rebuilt 283's and 327's. What does your standard systemt do hp wise... about 50hp more? At what rpm?
We've been seeing gains of about 150rwhp over stock. Most Auto's are putting down about 400rwhp stock and the Manual's are putting down 430rwhp stock. It's a night and day difference once we get done. You will love it.

Here is a stock vs SC comparison for you. This one really came alive.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:23 PM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Josh , in your instructions its stated that the bov got a red indicator groove and that the bov cap should hide it to be at the minimum pressure.

Right now the Bov is set,i think, to theminimum.The cap is screwed just after the second small o-ring and i can still feel the groove with my nail.What i mean is that there is a first groove with a big o-ring and after there is a smaller groove with a smaller thinner o-ring.So i can feel the second groove with my nail.I did look at my bov from all angle and there is no red indicator on it...Should i screw the cap a little more so i wouldnt feel the groove at all ???

Getting ready to start the car.
Thanks
Eric

Last edited by always faster; 09-29-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by always faster
Josh , in your instructions its stated that the bov got a red indicator groove and that the bov cap should hide it to be at the minimum pressure.

Right now the Bov is set,i think, to theminimum.The cap is screwed just after the second small o-ring and i can still feel the groove with my nail.What i mean is that there is a first groove with a big o-ring and after there is a smaller groove with a smaller thinner o-ring.So i can feel the second groove with my nail.I did look at my bov from all angle and there is no red indicator on it...Should i screw the cap a little more so i wouldnt feel the groove at all ???

Getting ready to start the car.
Thanks
Eric
There isn't a red line amymore. You just need to thread cap just past the fat o-ring on either BOV to have it at the minumum set point.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:41 PM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

There isn't a red line amymore. You just need to thread cap just past the fat o-ring on either BOV to have it at the minumum set point.

Well i will back it out a little then.
Thanks
Eric
Old 10-05-2014, 07:49 PM
NewWorldBlues
Advanced

Hi Josh,

I had one of your Vortech Supercharger kits installed in San Jose a few months back. After WOT bursts I'm smelling rubber. I assume its the belt. These are rolling bursts so its not tire spin. Is there a break in period where this is normal? Should I be smelling the belt ever? This is my first supercharger experience, so I don't know what is normal.

Thanks,
NWB

Last edited by NewWorldBlues; 10-05-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by NewWorldBlues
Hi Josh,

I had one of your Vortech Supercharger kits installed in San Jose a few months back. After WOT bursts I'm smelling rubber. I assume its the belt. These are rolling bursts so its not tire spin. Is there a break in period where this is normal? Should I be smelling the belt ever? This is my first supercharger experience, so I don't know what is normal.

Thanks,
NWB
I've not had anyone complain of that occurrence. You could look around the SC pulley and see if there is a bunch of belt dust maybe. Like a "mini burnout" where it leaves a pile of rubber. If you weren't so far away I'd tell you to just swing by and let us take a look. If you want to make a roadtrip though, by all means come down to see us.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:45 AM
NewWorldBlues
Advanced

I've not had anyone complain of that occurrence. You could look around the SC pulley and see if there is a bunch of belt dust maybe. Like a "mini burnout" where it leaves a pile of rubber. If you weren't so far away I'd tell you to just swing by and let us take a look. If you want to make a roadtrip though, by all means come down to see us.
Okay, I'll have a closer look for dust. I did a quick visual and didn't notice anything obviously amiss. I'll keep a road trip in mind if I think it becomes necessary. Thanks for that.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:47 AM
NewWorldBlues
Advanced

On a general note, I really love the horsepower increase across the whole power band. An awesome upgrade. All it was cracked up to be.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:10 AM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Looking at buying a 99 coupe(auto) with your A and A kit. Car has 19,000 miles and has never been to the track. I will just be driving the car from work and back home. How will the 460LE hold up? 468hp at the rear wheels. The kit was professionally installed and has less than 5000 miles on the install.
Thanks
Old 10-10-2014, 09:34 AM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I never got a t shirt?
Old 10-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by meadowz06
Looking at buying a 99 coupe(auto) with your A and A kit. Car has 19,000 miles and has never been to the track. I will just be driving the car from work and back home. How will the 460LE hold up? 468hp at the rear wheels. The kit was professionally installed and has less than 5000 miles on the install.
Thanks
Should be just fine. That sounds like the typical combo we've been doing for years. Enjoy it.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Old 10-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by 2ooo-C5
I never got a t shirt?
We've been out of stock for a while now. Send me a PM with your SN# from headunit.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Noma01
Pro

Originally Posted by 2ooo-C5
I never got a t shirt?
Same here 😱
Old 10-10-2014, 12:10 PM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

PM Sent, guess I started something.

I love your kit. I attend track days with 2 guys with pro chargers. I am about 40 more hp
and I have never spent the day watching cause I threw a belt. Both of them have. I posted
a dyno sheet to show how great your kit is. That is on a stock motor, not even headers at that time.

Im at 10lb of boost. His dyno did something weird on that pull and miss read the boost.

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread