C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 07:11 PM
boostedrides
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very disappointed in the A&A Kit. Wish I would have went a different route.

Has anyone had problems with the c6 A&A Kit? I spent thousands of dollars on the kit thinking I was getting a good quality kit. First off. We got the kit completely installed and notticed the brand new radiator that they supplied with the kit leaked. So they sent a new one. Then Josh told me he probably sent us a bad bracket. Which he claimed he sent out multiple bad brackets. So now we had to take the car apart again to replace that. They didn't have a black one so he just sent me a polished one. So the kit doesn't match. Then their was one missing part. It was the t fitting that went into the brake boosted for the bov. He had to send that also. After the car being tuned for three weeks and 430 miles now the belt snapped in half that they supplied and left me stranded on the side of the road. I am very disappointed with this kit. I wanted to let other people know just in case you are looking at the kit. Been trying to get a hold of Andy all day and he has not responded. Anyone looking to supercharge their car I would go a different route. At this point I do not recommend it. I hope Andy gives me a call back very soon...
Old 05-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

He was just pissed off because I didn't call him right back. We're actually closed on Mondays ( except for Josh taking orders and answering the phones)and I was 20 miles offshore doing a little fishing.
I called him when I got back in and got the message.
He's young and jumped the gun a little. ( I used to be like that 30 or so years ago )
He had it installed by someone that I don't know. I'm having him take it to one of my known installers to look it over.
He has an issue and we'll figure it out. -Andy
Old 05-17-2016, 06:52 PM
juggernautZ06
Racer

Received 220 Likes on 62 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C3 of Year Finalist (stock)

Josh, I will be getting an A&A kit on my C5Z soon. The car has long tube headers. Getting a Hawks thirdgen custom ground blower cam installed next month. I was just wondering what is the best trim and set up will be. I want the car to run on pump gas. Bruce @ Hawks will be doing the install. What pulley, etc to go with?
Old 05-18-2016, 11:45 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by juggernautZ06
Josh, I will be getting an A&A kit on my C5Z soon. The car has long tube headers. Getting a Hawks thirdgen custom ground blower cam installed next month. I was just wondering what is the best trim and set up will be. I want the car to run on pump gas. Bruce @ Hawks will be doing the install. What pulley, etc to go with?
I'd say a V3 Si or V3 Ti will work perfect and a 3.8" will make plenty of power since you will already have cam and headers. If staying pump gas only we usually don't go past 600rwhp. But talk to Bruce to confirm how he wants to set it up since he will be doing the work and tuning. It's gonna be a beast with boost!
Old 05-18-2016, 12:02 PM
juggernautZ06
Racer

Received 220 Likes on 62 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C3 of Year Finalist (stock)

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
I'd say a V3 Si or V3 Ti will work perfect and a 3.8" will make plenty of power since you will already have cam and headers. If staying pump gas only we usually don't go past 600rwhp. But talk to Bruce to confirm how he wants to set it up since he will be doing the work and tuning. It's gonna be a beast with boost!
Thanks Josh. I will be getting with Bruce on ordering the V3 kit in black out. I am pretty sure it will be on E85. My goal is 600 to the tire
Old 05-18-2016, 12:23 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by juggernautZ06
Thanks Josh. I will be getting with Bruce on ordering the V3 kit in black out. I am pretty sure it will be on E85. My goal is 600 to the tire
Cool if doing E85 then octane will be good to go.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:15 PM
John_B
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

How would you compare the sound of the turbo smart race port and the big bubba to the tial q in the competitors kit? Are both louder than the tial q? Or just the big bubba and the race port quieter or similar?
Old 06-01-2016, 02:09 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by John_B
How would you compare the sound of the turbo smart race port and the big bubba to the tial q in the competitors kit? Are both louder than the tial q? Or just the big bubba and the race port quieter or similar?
If you want loud, get the Big Bubba with a trumpet and have it exhaust out the wheel well.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:04 AM
John_B
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Natie
If you want loud, get the Big Bubba with a trumpet and have it exhaust out the wheel well.
I know that's the loudest option. I'm more interested in how the race port compares to the tial q. Tial q us more than loud enough for me
Old 06-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by John_B
I know that's the loudest option. I'm more interested in how the race port compares to the tial q. Tial q us more than loud enough for me
The 50mm Raceport looks nearly identical to the Tial, only more compact housing. Both Vent-to-Atmosphere the same way. If you like the sound of a Tial then you will like the RP.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:16 PM
SDLS1Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Simple question but I should ask.

When the A&A Si kit was installed at the A&A shop, I had snaps installed to accept a GM bra. When the installation was complete the screws W/ snap for a head were removed. These were located on the lower front where the lower portion of the bra attaches under the front. I assumed this was done for one of two reasons. The techs (Andy's techs) simply installed the hardware that comes in the kit. The second would be that the fairing screws with snap heads were simply not strong enough to be used (would they have been sheared off?)? I would like to be able to attach the bra securely. Can I use the marine screws with snap heads in my fairing with a GM bra? Will they shear off if I do?

Thanks
Old 06-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Rag-Top Rick
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=SDLS1Rider;1592333848]Simple question but I should ask.

When the A&A Si kit was installed at the A&A shop, I had snaps installed to accept a GM bra. When the installation was complete the screws W/ snap for a head were removed. These were located on the lower front where the lower portion of the bra attaches under the front. I assumed this was done for one of two reasons. The techs (Andy's techs) simply installed the hardware that comes in the kit. The second would be that the fairing screws with snap heads were simply not strong enough to be used (would they have been sheared off?)? I would like to be able to attach the bra securely. Can I use the marine screws with snap heads in my fairing with a GM bra? Will they shear off if I do?

Thanks[/QUOTE

Will....As long as you get the proper size the marine snaps w/screws will work just fine! I`ve had them on my car for a long time without issues.

Cheers, RTR
Old 06-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Will....As long as you get the proper size the marine snaps w/screws will work just fine! I`ve had them on my car for a long time without issues.

Cheers, RTR
What he said.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 06-29-2016, 11:00 AM
c6silver
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c6silver
I have a question about the Vortech V2Si (that uses engine oil for lubrication). I want to know if it's possible or if anyone has done it, to use, say, an LS7 dry sump tank or similar custom oil container and one of those electric oil pumps that the STS rear turbo guys use on a Vortech. Seems to me it would allow the unit to run pretty cool without the hot engine oil circulating through it, my only concern would be would the oil get warm/hot enough to flow well ? Could you run thinner oil, even non-motor oil ? Thanks .
Can the V2 Si be upgraded to : T trim, Ti trim, or (using aftermarket parts, namely a new volute) to a YSi trim level ? I want BIG power, I have the iron block, all forged setup, might as well push it. Deep 9s would be awesome...or can I plumb my FAST 90 for a N20 fogger and a plate for 2 stages of nitrous (rather not)...Thanks !
Old 06-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Can the V2 Si be upgraded to : T trim, Ti trim, or (using aftermarket parts, namely a new volute) to a YSi trim level ? I want BIG power, I have the iron block, all forged setup, might as well push it. Deep 9s would be awesome...or can I plumb my FAST 90 for a N20 fogger and a plate for 2 stages of nitrous (rather not)...Thanks !
No you would need to just upgrade to a Big Ysi combo. Send me an email with details on the build and the year and model. Then I can send you an estimate showing the breakdowns of what you will need for big power. Email in Sig
Old 06-29-2016, 06:13 PM
c6silver
Racer

Superchargerrebuild.com says they can upgrade any blower ( they have the aftermarket volute to go even to YSi ) they say... I can't imagine you can't go T or Ti trim from Si either.

Last edited by c6silver; 06-29-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:15 PM
c6silver
Racer

Email sent

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Old 06-30-2016, 11:31 AM
c6silver
Racer

Build details have changed from email with acquisition of an LS3 long block and 90mm Holley Hi Ram intake, so cam is 224/236 @ .050 116 LSA NEGATIVE 2 degrees overlap, .600ish lift intake/exhaust, ported LS3 heads, same ported LS2 T-body, upgrading to 2" headers from 1 7/8" to 2 " step, trans will be TH400 or 'Glide.

Want to convert V2Si to biggest trim possible.

Please advise...
Old 07-01-2016, 11:24 AM
c6silver
Racer

Just heard from superchargerrebuild.com in TX, $1265.00 including shipping and full rebuild plus converting to YSi trim with billet impeller...

Last edited by c6silver; 07-01-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Just heard from superchargerrebuild.com in TX, $1265.00 including shipping and full rebuild plus converting to YSi trim with billet impeller...
You are assuming a lot of risk and the potential to lose money going that route. Looks like they have a strict policy of no refunds and no warranty on that website, just be cautious. Unfortunately I've never heard a good story after people have a SC rebuilt by anyone other than Vortech directly.

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread