C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some meth input. Come in Meth addicts :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 07:04 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Need some meth input. Come in Meth addicts :)

I'll be running 50/50, Devils Own brew, to be exact(already ordered 4 gallons). My meth pump(alky control super pump) came with a dual nozzle setup using m15s. My goal is to run 8 psi in daily driver mode with zero or very little meth. And then add meth for my "track" setting of 12ish psi. My single turbo setup(TC76, .96ar 68mm turbine) should spool very quickly and I am a lead foot. This is a daily driver and I don't want to have to fill the meth tank more than every couple months. I wont be running a progressive controller. Just an adjustable hobbs switch that I can set between 2-10 psi(devils own). I'd like to just set it at 9-10psi so I only use meth when I want the extra power(or overboost). But I may run it from 7psi for daily safety if it wont use a ton. The car will be SD tuned by my tuner to use the meth, so this isn't an added safety thing I want to fiddle with after the tune. I want to set it up and forget it.

Ok, on to my questions/concerns.

1. How quickly would two m15 nozzles go through my washer tank of meth say if I'm "at the track" beating on it all day?

2. Can I just run a single m15 nozzle(set from 7psi)? If I have it far enough from the TB are there concerns with even distribution/atomization using a single nozzle?

I'd love to hear your input on your meth setup and usage
Old 10-12-2013, 08:32 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Beating on it all day a tank maybe.

As for everything else, your just going to have to see what the car likes.

A lot of us that use methanol injection run 100 percent meth. It's used as additional fuel and for the cooling property's it has.

If I had to guess given your boost levels, I'd say you probably don't need all that meth but if tuned right the dual nozzle system will work well for you.

Switching from the devils own single nozzle setup to the alky control dual nozzle setup, your probably going to need to retune.

Edit my bad I see you said single nozzle.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 10-12-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:56 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the input The reason I chose the 50\50 is first the safety/fire hazard. And also the boiling point of pure meth. Here in hot sunny Florida i dont want it to boil off and evaporate faster than I use it

Im really leaning towards just running the single m15. I suspect it will be enough for my boost level while slowing down the rate I go through it. Then on the dyno we can play with it and decide when to have it come on
Old 10-12-2013, 10:07 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I run Alky control 100% with daul 15s here in Texas no evaporate issues but it does eat a tank a week when im daily driving to work 40 miles round trip. @ the track eats a washer tank in about 8-10 passes but mine comes in around 3k rpm!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:33 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Doh, thats exactly the kind of consumption i want to avoid. I dont mind if it sucks it down on kill mode, but dont want to burn through it on daily duty. Thanks for the input
Old 10-12-2013, 10:38 PM
c5mtl
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

8 passes gets really low

Originally Posted by a/c man
I run Alky control 100% with daul 15s here in Texas no evaporate issues but it does eat a tank a week when im daily driving to work 40 miles round trip. @ the track eats a washer tank in about 8-10 passes but mine comes in around 3k rpm!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:41 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by a/c man
You must have your foot in it a lot on those trips to work.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:53 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Thats how you ensure that you are in a good mood when you get to work =P And nothing better after a long day there.

Another random question, where did you guys tap the washer tank? I cant find a good flat spot thats low and accessible.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:56 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

I just followed the instructions on the alky control kit.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:58 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MawneeC5
Thats how you ensure that you are in a good mood when you get to work =P And nothing better after a long day there.

Another random question, where did you guys tap the washer tank? I cant find a good flat spot thats low and accessible.
I do keep my foot in her but if i just drive normal it eats no meth

my tank is tapped next to the low level sensor on firewall side.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:14 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

here is where I put mine, right below the low level sensor on the bottom of the tank

Old 10-13-2013, 12:26 AM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Perfect, thanks for the pic
Old 10-13-2013, 02:30 AM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doh, thats exactly the kind of consumption i want to avoid. I dont mind if it sucks it down on kill mode, but dont want to burn through it on daily duty. Thanks for the input

What's the problem with filling it back up? Just throw a 1 gal jug in the rear compartment. Make sure you rinse it out good after drilling the hole on the WW tank.

Last edited by danieloneil01; 10-13-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:02 AM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
What's the problem with filling it back up? Just throw a 1 gal jug in the rear compartment....
I'm not looking to use more meth than I need. I would bet the guys that have commented so far are running several hundred more HP than I intend to even in "kill mode" so I have no reason to use as much meth My car isn't a dragster, its a daily driver. I want to be able to hop in it to drive to/from work, the way I like to drive, without my low washer fluid light going off all the time. That's why I'm asking these questions now

-Edit- Yep, just looked. They are all strokers with Ysi's lol

Last edited by MawneeC5; 10-13-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:09 AM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Your about an hour from Julio, the creator of the AlkyControl systems.

Did you call/email him?
Old 10-13-2013, 12:05 PM
joshtownsend
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there is no need for meth at 8 psi.. I don't even start injection till around 9-10 and it does go full till 16ish..
Old 10-13-2013, 12:20 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SteveDoten@ARH

Did you call/email him?
Oh nice, wasn't aware I had a good source so close. Thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by joshtownsend
there is no need for meth at 8 psi.. I don't even start injection till around 9-10 and it does go full till 16ish..
This is exactly what I'm thinking. I think I'm just going to go single m15 nozzle and set it to come on at 10psi. Then I wont use any daily driving and a full tank will definitely last me the day at the track.

Get notified of new replies

To Need some meth input. Come in Meth addicts :)

Old 10-13-2013, 01:15 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

I'm not looking to use more meth than I need. I would bet the guys that have commented so far are running several hundred more HP than I intend to even in "kill mode" so I have no reason to use as much meth My car isn't a dragster, its a daily driver. I want to be able to hop in it to drive to/from work, the way I like to drive, without my low washer fluid light going off all the time. That's why I'm asking these questions now

-Edit- Yep, just looked. They are all strokers with Ysi's lol
nothing worse for me than to be on my way to work and have some dude want to race me with a Honda then i notice my low washer light is on

Most of the cars around here I can take without even getting into boost
Old 10-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks for the input The reason I chose the 50\50 is first the safety/fire hazard. And also the boiling point of pure meth. Here in hot sunny Florida i dont want it to boil off and evaporate faster than I use it

Im really leaning towards just running the single m15. I suspect it will be enough for my boost level while slowing down the rate I go through it. Then on the dyno we can play with it and decide when to have it come on
There is no boiling issues with 100% meth in FL (I lived there for 14 years). I buy a 5 gallon drum of meth up here for roughly $32. If you are doing 50/50, then one drum should last you a while...no matter what the hobbs is set at...especially if you are going to use just one nozzle.

I guess my point is...is the cost of the meth too much for you or something? I would think as cheap as it is, something like this wouldn't be a factor.

I'd set the Hobbs switch for 5 PSI and just run it like that. With your setup...one washer tank will last you a while. During normal driving, you shouldn't hit more than 5 PSI!

Last edited by Y2KRoadster; 10-13-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:13 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by SteveDoten@ARH

Did you call/email him?

I've had his kit on my car for 7 years give or take, straight meth, he knows his business...

Quick Reply: Need some meth input. Come in Meth addicts :)