C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto trans question/ help needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Crazy, just unbelievable.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:02 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Sue them for sure! Unreal man!

Thanks,Matt
Old 11-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

More pics of the backyard work mayhem did on my car!! To include breaking then glued the neutral safety switch back together even glued the plug in it, use faskets on my new xpipe? Why hell no they use only gasket silicone (which leaked) oh you want your lines put back where they should be? Tough **** we cant do that in a years time!! Put the exact same bolts back in the torque tube cover? Are you kidding me? We at mayhem use 5/16 til we run out then we put 10mm bolts in 4 of the holes and since we ran out of 10mm also we left 1 completely out for you!! And you want us to put back the correct trans and rear? You are on crack we never Ever give a customer their car back without switching parts losing parts etc etc!!! One thing is for sure when stating they are a 1 stop shop for GM it must of meant you car will either die there or go back alot!! Enjoy the pics of mayhem motorsports fine work !!!

thats all i have..... FOR NOW!
Old 11-09-2013, 04:38 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Here is a pic of My RPM 6 look at yours for these stamping's

Old 11-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

that cant be a rpm transmission cause mayhems owner text me back when i confronted him that my stuff was switched and said rpm only has black transmissions sooooo clearly he is right and yours is a knockoff!!! i mean you did see the pics i posted of the excellent work they do right? no way can they be wrong!

also is that a date stamp on there as well showing when the trans was built? if so i will check that out as well
Old 11-09-2013, 04:59 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Gitusum
that cant be a rpm transmission cause mayhems owner text me back when i confronted him that my stuff was switched and said rpm only has black transmissions sooooo clearly he is right and yours is a knockoff!!! i mean you did see the pics i posted of the excellent work they do right? no way can they be wrong!

also is that a date stamp on there as well showing when the trans was built? if so i will check that out as well
Not sure about the date stamp but this RPM VI was originally built in 2011 so that 0611 could be
Old 11-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by a/c man
Not sure about the date stamp but this RPM VI was originally built in 2011 so that 0611 could be
It is a level v dated 0110 so at least they swapped out the same level. Didnt even think nothing of it til the trans went out but when i picked the car up it was on the trans temp not the oil pressure since engine failure is why it was sent back! Now i know why!!
Old 11-09-2013, 05:19 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

It is a level v dated 0110 so at least they swapped out the same level. Didnt even think nothing of it til the trans went out but when i picked the car up it was on the trans temp not the oil pressure since engine failure is why it was sent back! Now i know why!!
Rick when your car was N/A seems like you were running 3:73s did you swap them for the new build?
Old 11-09-2013, 05:25 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Do u have receipts fron when u bought the trans n diff?
Old 11-09-2013, 05:38 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Rick when your car was N/A seems like you were running 3:73s did you swap them for the new build?
Yeah I seem to remeber that too. Like back in 2010
Old 11-09-2013, 05:43 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Yeah I seem to remember that too. Like back in 2010
I may be wrong I remember when he sold the 3:42s in 2010
Old 11-09-2013, 05:59 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Rick did you have RPM build the rear too? take a pic of the rear and trans so we can what kind of swap they pulled is it stamped hop do you know its 3.73?
Old 11-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

i bought the car in 09 and in the same year into the beginning of 2010 i went head cam which at that time i went from my stock factory 3.15 to a stock 3.42 that i bought from fsuforever on here. I ran that rear until the rear was used as a core at mayhem for the rpm rear. i have sold a 3.42 as well but that was off of a 01 or 02 wrecked vette i bought for some parts and to part the rest out which was in 2010 i believe. other than that i never had or wanted a 3.73 rear in my car and when i was going with the rpm rear i even thought of going back down to a 3.15 because i didnt like turning the rpms that a 3.42 put out so i know i would never EVER go to a 3.73

Rick
Old 11-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Rick did you have RPM build the rear too? take a pic of the rear and trans so we can what kind of swap they pulled is it stamped hop do you know its 3.73?
the tag is marked 3.73 as well as when i went to pick the car up a few weeks back the owner said it was a 3.73 but i was so out of it after the 18 hour bus ride with no sleep it just went in 1 ear and out the other as i was in another time zone lol
Old 11-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts

260 degrees will roast any trans, no matter who built it. Gotta get that figured out. This is when it's good to start handling matters on your own. Saves so much money... Continued dealings with that shop will rot you from the inside.

O'Reilly's has those little things you need.

Exhaust gasket, Part# EG24685, $4 each

Neutral Safety Switch, Part # S9171, $44
Old 11-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
260 degrees will roast any trans, no matter who built it. Gotta get that figured out. This is when it's good to start handling matters on your own. Saves so much money... Continued dealings with that shop will rot you from the inside.

O'Reilly's has those little things you need.

Exhaust gasket, Part# EG24685, $4 each

Neutral Safety Switch, Part # S9171, $44
already got it covered Chris thanx I just wanted to point out and show fellow members how they treat a customers car

also i didnt find any kinks in the lines so that is ruled out, the fluid was def burnt though that i do know.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:39 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

i bought the car in 09 and in the same year into the beginning of 2010 i went head cam which at that time i went from my stock factory 3.15 to a stock 3.42 that i bought from fsuforever on here. I ran that rear until the rear was used as a core at mayhem for the rpm rear. i have sold a 3.42 as well but that was off of a 01 or 02 wrecked vette i bought for some parts and to part the rest out which was in 2010 i believe. other than that i never had or wanted a 3.73 rear in my car and when i was going with the rpm rear i even thought of going back down to a 3.15 because i didnt like turning the rpms that a 3.42 put out so i know i would never EVER go to a 3.73

Rick
Find those receipt's for the diff you bought what you bought from RPM via MAYHEM. If you cant find them see if RPM has a record of it coming from mayhem around the time of your (transmission/differential) dealings with them. If you can't do that you might as well just chalk it up as a loss because it's going to be a he said she said thing. I know it sucks but its true. Saying that you know its different because of some red markings on your differential isn't going to be enough. Saying you know for a fact you had 3.42's isn't going to be enough. No matter how bad it sucks you need concrete proof and right now buddy, you have none. I hope I don't sound like a dick because I believe there's a strong possibility that it happened exactly like you said but its mute without that concrete proof.

I've been there buddy!

Get notified of new replies

To Auto trans question/ help needed

Old 11-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Find those receipt's for the diff you bought what you bought from RPM via MAYHEM. If you cant find them see if RPM has a record of it coming from mayhem around the time of your (transmission/differential) dealings with them. If you can't do that you might as well just chalk it up as a loss because it's going to be a he said she said thing. I know it sucks but its true. Saying that you know its different because of some red markings on your differential isn't going to be enough. Saying you know for a fact you had 3.42's isn't going to be enough. No matter how bad it sucks you need concrete proof and right now buddy, you have none. I hope I don't sound like a dick because I believe there's a strong possibility that it happened exactly like you said but its mute without that concrete proof.

I've been there buddy!
receipts only say level 3 rear and level 5 trans not what gears
Old 11-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts

already got it covered Chris thanx I just wanted to point out and show fellow members how they treat a customers car

also i didnt find any kinks in the lines so that is ruled out, the fluid was def burnt though that i do know.
I've done it once. Burned up a perfectly good RPM built trans. It can handle 150mph in the 1/4, but driving 30mph up a mountain ruined it. Why? Because of low speed uphill driving with unlocked converter, that was too slow to meet the lockup condition. Now I have a manual lockup switch so that never happens again. Any chance do you recall if yours was locking up properly? It could be lockup isn't setup right in the tune, and you're running around not noticing it.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
I've done it once. Burned up a perfectly good RPM built trans. It can handle 150mph in the 1/4, but driving 30mph up a mountain ruined it. Why? Because of low speed uphill driving with unlocked converter, that was too slow to meet the lockup condition. Now I have a manual lockup switch so that never happens again. Any chance do you recall if yours was locking up properly? It could be lockup isn't setup right in the tune, and you're running around not noticing it.
i was curious if the switch that was cracked and glued back together have anything to possibly do with it? it is hooked up to the computer thru wires and if not working properly because its busted couldnt it cause the trans to not act properly? i dont know far as it locking up properly Chris because i really only drove it home on the highway and around town here maybe 3 days tops (about a hour a day) so i didnt notice if it was or not but i do know the car would idle high sometimes and sometimes not and if say driving down the road and i come to a hill and let off the gas to maintain speed it would sometimes continue to pull and sometimes it would downshift like it was being downshifted manually and sometimes it would go from say 2k rpms which is where i would be at around 45 to 50mph and when i let off the gas it would kinda stay at that rpm for a few then just drop down to 1000rpm like i was in a manual and put the car in neutral. so yea i guess it acted different all the time

Quick Reply: Auto trans question/ help needed