C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

__________*** Ridetech shocks and coil overs available from ECS ***_____________

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 05:51 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

Default __________*** Ridetech shocks and coil overs available from ECS ***_____________

Hi Guys,
As many of you may have seen already, Ridetech has come out with a really nice quality shock and coil over set up for the C5 and C6 platform. We have been testing these for a while now and are very happy with the results thus far.

These are made from a correlation of a few high quality companies that are all made right here in the USA. Fox is making the shock itself, the springs are hyper coils, and Ridetech is packaging them very nicely for an easy drop in fit for your Corvette.

Here is some technical data on the shocks direct from Ridetech;

C5-C6 Coilovers and Q Series Shocks
Features:
• Impact Forged Monotube Fox Shocks
• Bolt In
• Oversized rod guides for maximum strength and durability
• Stainless mounting brackets
• CoilOvers Include Hyperco Springs (made with high tensile steel)
• CoilOvers have Delrin spring washers for easy spring retainer adjustment.
• CoilOvers available in HQ Series (single adjustable) and TQ Series (triple adjustable)
• Shocks available in HQ Series (single adjustable)
• Mono-tube design allows large piston for superior oil control – increases ride quality and handling performance
• 5/8” hardened shaft on the CoilOver and 1/2" hardened shaft on the Smooth Body Shocks are precision ground and straightened to a tolerance of .001" inch for increased durability and performance
• Billet end cap with integrated debris wiper to prevent seal damage
• Teflon piston wiper allows consistent piston/bore contact and repeatable performance
• Oversized rod guide improves piston rod stability
• Integral internal bumpstop eliminates extension crashing
• Mono-tube bore is cathode anodized for years of wear resistance
• Hard coat external anodizing ensures years of lasting beauty and performance
• Specially contoured composite gas separator cup optimizes dead length and ensures proper nitrogen/oil separation

here is a pic of the TQ Series. They are the triple adjustable version for anyone interested.

Pricing is as follows;

Q series shocks, complete set $1,000 shipped within the cont US.

HQ series single adjustable coil over set $2000 shipped within cont US

TQ series triple adjustable coil over set with reservoirs $3,400 Shipped within the cont US.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:54 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Some pics of an install we recently finished on a 1000rwhp Loma wide body C6Z using the TQ triple adjustable coil overs.
Attached Images    
Old 02-27-2014, 08:09 PM
tirecraft
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like some nice stuff . A perfect replacement for the Phadt shocks and perfect timing being there out of business. Good luck with the sales
Old 02-28-2014, 08:29 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by tirecraft
Looks like some nice stuff . A perfect replacement for the Phadt shocks and perfect timing being there out of business. Good luck with the sales

Thanks mark, this was actually way in the works already before that debacle, but I guess it did kind of work out to be good timing. I'll take it when it comes..

One thing I'll highlight again because I think it's kind of a big deal with these too is the 1,000,001 mile warranty. Being threw some issues in the past with coil over failures and not being able to get parts for them etc etc, this was very important to us.

Also, ECS distributors and CF vendors, there is a rather large buy in to be able to distribute these products. More then most will be willing to spend, contact us for pricing.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:12 AM
jfernandez98
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can these be set for stock ride height?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:45 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by jfernandez98
Can these be set for stock ride height?
A little lower then stock, but they do not have to be slammed.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:12 AM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 829 Likes on 543 Posts

how's the ease of adjustability on a C5? is wheel removal required?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:23 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My first impression of these has been pretty good! They are rock solid as far as construction goes, doesn't look like any corners were cut from the shock down to the supplied hardware.
Combining efforts from companies like fox, hypercoil, and ride tech is kind of a win win situation across the board. All companies make amazing products and I have met the owner of ride tech on a couple occasions and he is a real car guy who loves to not only provide a quality product, but beats the ever living hell out of his own products on the track. I have high hopes for these coil overs. Just by first look, from the packaging they arrived in down to the installation instructions, much care was put into this. That alone speaks worlds about the company making them.
I will provide updates as we go, this car will see some serious road course time this year, we have high expectations for these units.
If I were ride tech I would take this opportunity to capitalize on the corvette suspension market with pfadt now out of business they could easily take over if they continued this quality over an entire product line.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:44 AM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Man, those do look nice. Might have to get me a set! Keep us posted on not only the install but the ease of adjustment
Old 03-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It's nice to see "Made in the USA" you don't see that to often anymore!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Yellow03Z06
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those are nice! You guys take Pfadt coilovers as trade in?
Old 03-01-2014, 03:42 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 829 Likes on 543 Posts

too soon?
Old 03-03-2014, 01:28 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by _zebra
how's the ease of adjustability on a C5? is wheel removal required?
Not much different then any other coil over we have installed. You can make changes without taking the tire off, but you have to reach way in there. A jack would make it a little easier, don't forget to use a jack stand if your crawling under it.

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
It's nice to see "Made in the USA" you don't see that to often anymore!
Call me old fashioned, but that had big curb appeal to me. Then when I saw a cut away of these shocks compared to other major brands on the market today it was hands down a winner in my book. The guts are very beefy compared to what I looked at.

Originally Posted by Yellow03Z06
Those are nice! You guys take Pfadt coilovers as trade in?
Sorry we don't, but give it a little time and as failures occur you will be able to get top dollar for each one individually. Shame to say it that way, but it's true.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:50 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Some street shots of the car above.
Attached Images   
Old 05-20-2014, 06:03 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Looks like a nice set of coil overs. How do these compare to what LG offers?
Old 05-20-2014, 07:39 PM
marolf101x
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We (Ridetech) do have a "trade in program":
http://www.ridetech.com/info/coilover-trade-in-program/

These units are a top of the line monotube coil over built by Fox Racing Shox. I design the outside, Fox designs the inside, and we collaborate on valving packages based on actual testing on the street, on the big track, and on autocross tracks.

Most of the time when we have a tuning session we invite a few Ridetech sponsored vehicles so we can evaluate a wide range of applications in one shot.

We just picked up another car. . .a C5 Z06. Something we can beat on without worrying about the outcome (i.e. it's better to pile that thing up than a C6 Z06 or a new C7).

If you guys have shocks you want compared to ours let me know. You can send them in, I'll run them on the Roehrig dyno and take them apart to compare (if you don't mind us tearing them down). I can post pics of the whole deal for the world to see. We have nothing to hide as we feel these are VERY good units (so much so we offer a 1,000,001 mile warranty on all of our shocks)
Old 05-20-2014, 09:26 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by marolf101x
We (Ridetech) do have a "trade in program":
http://www.ridetech.com/info/coilover-trade-in-program/

These units are a top of the line monotube coil over built by Fox Racing Shox. I design the outside, Fox designs the inside, and we collaborate on valving packages based on actual testing on the street, on the big track, and on autocross tracks.

Most of the time when we have a tuning session we invite a few Ridetech sponsored vehicles so we can evaluate a wide range of applications in one shot.

We just picked up another car. . .a C5 Z06. Something we can beat on without worrying about the outcome (i.e. it's better to pile that thing up than a C6 Z06 or a new C7).

If you guys have shocks you want compared to ours let me know. You can send them in, I'll run them on the Roehrig dyno and take them apart to compare (if you don't mind us tearing them down). I can post pics of the whole deal for the world to see. We have nothing to hide as we feel these are VERY good units (so much so we offer a 1,000,001 mile warranty on all of our shocks)
I will be writing a review shortly. Darren has been working with me to get some spring rate issues resolved for our application and things are working out great.

The product and customer service is top notch. Extremely happy so far.

Get notified of new replies

To __________*** Ridetech shocks and coil overs available from ECS ***_____________

Old 05-25-2014, 07:13 PM
master blaster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7
I will be writing a review shortly. Darren has been working with me to get some spring rate issues resolved for our application and things are working out great.

The product and customer service is top notch. Extremely happy so far.
please advise me on how these help the ride and what type of driving situations can they work well in?
Old 05-27-2014, 08:30 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by master blaster
please advise me on how these help the ride and what type of driving situations can they work well in?
To be totally honest I would not recommend them for just "street" driving. It would be kind of a waste of money at that point.

I would recommend them for anyone that wants to really make the car competitive in road racing or autocross though. Im sure they also work great for drag racing but I cannot speak from personal experience on that one.

RideTech got it right out of the box, they ride amazing. The spring rates make all the difference and they hit it right on the head. They do not ride rough like a empty hay wagon like many other coil overs do.

The only reason Its taking a little trial and error with the set we are running is that we are running a iron block and a big blower in the front and the battery/fuel cell (for methanol) in the rear.

Supplied spring rates with the normal kit is 425 front and 550 rear. To get where we needed to be, to compensate for the added weight.. We are at 475 front and 600 rear. With this setup we have the center of the fenders 26" front and 27.125" rear, exactly where we wanted to be and the car rides like its on rails withouth the harsh ride you see from other kits running 600-700# springs.

Those coil overs coupled with pfadt johnny O sway bars is working very nicely.

Hopefully RideTech takes this chance to capitalize on the corvette suspension market. With pfadt out of the picture someone needs to pick up the torch and run with it. Would be really nice to see some sway bar and bushing options come from them in the future. Lots of money to be made in this market!
Old 06-27-2014, 03:00 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by breecher_7
To be totally honest I would not recommend them for just "street" driving. It would be kind of a waste of money at that point.

I would recommend them for anyone that wants to really make the car competitive in road racing or autocross though. Im sure they also work great for drag racing but I cannot speak from personal experience on that one.

RideTech got it right out of the box, they ride amazing. The spring rates make all the difference and they hit it right on the head. They do not ride rough like a empty hay wagon like many other coil overs do.

The only reason Its taking a little trial and error with the set we are running is that we are running a iron block and a big blower in the front and the battery/fuel cell (for methanol) in the rear.

Supplied spring rates with the normal kit is 425 front and 550 rear. To get where we needed to be, to compensate for the added weight.. We are at 475 front and 600 rear. With this setup we have the center of the fenders 26" front and 27.125" rear, exactly where we wanted to be and the car rides like its on rails withouth the harsh ride you see from other kits running 600-700# springs.

Those coil overs coupled with pfadt johnny O sway bars is working very nicely.

Hopefully RideTech takes this chance to capitalize on the corvette suspension market. With pfadt out of the picture someone needs to pick up the torch and run with it. Would be really nice to see some sway bar and bushing options come from them in the future. Lots of money to be made in this market!

Have you road coursed the car yet Tony?

Quick Reply: __________*** Ridetech shocks and coil overs available from ECS ***_____________