C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbosmart BOV silent??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 10:14 PM
reactor2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Turbosmart BOV silent??

Like many of you I'm running the A&A Turbosmart BOV.

http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...roducts_id=328

I set the initial position of the BOV as per the A&A instructions. However, I've never heard anything sound remotely like the typical blowoff noise associated with blowoff valves. Is this normal, or is it possible that I have it adjusted too light and it continuously vents and, thus, I don't get the blow off "pop...pssssst" noise?

How should I check this and adjust this?

BTW, I'm making the boost I expect as per my boost gauge. I've have the P1SC A&A kit running the 4.25" pulley (heads, cam, headers, etc.)....does 5psi seem too low for this setup?

Last edited by reactor2; 07-22-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:04 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by reactor2
Like many of you I'm running the A&A Turbosmart BOV.

http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...roducts_id=328

I set the initial position of the BOV as per the A&A instructions. However, I've never heard anything sound remotely like the typical blowoff noise associated with blowoff valves. Is this normal, or is it possible that I have it adjusted too light and it continuously vents and, thus, I don't get the blow off "pop...pssssst" noise?

How should I check this and adjust this?

BTW, I'm making the boost I expect as per my boost gauge. I've have the P1SC A&A kit running the 4.25" pulley (heads, cam, headers, etc.)....does 5psi seem too low for this setup?
I just took the filter off mine yesterday to try and get it louder and it didnt change much. The only time I can hear it is if it echoes off something next to me and even then it just sounds like flutter. Ive Youtubed some Turbosmart bov's and they all seem pretty quiet. Ive read if you want it louder to try out a Tial.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:06 AM
tcruse
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

I didn't mind the turbosmart being quiet when I had it. Your more of a sleeper like that. I also like the Tial BOV's but your not sneaking up on anyone with it so pick your poison.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:55 AM
reactor2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

If I rev it up in the garage with the BOV side right next to a wall I still can't hear anything that sounds remotely like a BOV. It seems like it must either be constantly blowing off boost or never blowing off boost. Is that possible? It revs and recovers pretty good so it must be bleeding off boost at some point. Maybe Im expecting too much from 5psi?

Last edited by reactor2; 07-23-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Murder_C5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reactor2
If I rev it up in the garage with the BOV side right next to a wall I still can't hear anything that sounds remotely like a BOV. It seems like it must either be constantly blowing off boost or never blowing off boost. Is that possible? It revs and recovers pretty good so it must be bleeding off boost at some point. Maybe Im expecting too much from 5psi?
Your probably not going to build much boost if any reving it in neutral,
you need to have the engine under load.
Try a hard/wot 2nd to 3rd run w/windows down, you should be able to hear it then, somewhat.
If its not loud enough get a different bov/bypass.

Get notified of new replies

To Turbosmart BOV silent??

Quick Reply: Turbosmart BOV silent??