C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSI Fuel System _ Install Instructions/Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 09:10 AM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default RSI Fuel System _ Install Instructions/Diagram

Hello Guys

I got my new RSI Stage 3 fuel system the other day but with no instructions on how to go about installing it corectly. I could guess but do not want to. Do any of you that are running this system have any diagrams or install instructions I can use? I called RSI but they told me they do not have a really go set of instruction but do have some diaragrams but so far no one has been able to provide me with them as Will is out until Monday and no one else seems to know where to find these documents.

So pleaseeeee.....I am going to start installing tonight...can someone forward me those diagrams/instructions

rock n roll
Old 07-22-2010, 12:37 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

ttt
Old 07-22-2010, 05:06 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The install of this is really straight forward. I pieced this together for the car it was installed in as there were no kits at that time and it was one of the first units out there but to give you a quick run down...

The fuel hat obviously replaces the stock one. You need to run two lines out of the had that there fuel feed lines (i used -6 lines), In one of the feed lines you will install the venturi block that was supplied and then tie both feeds together at a y-block and either run a -6 or -10 line to the fuel rail supply and then you run a return line back to the fuel hat.

NOW, the reason you have that venturi block is to feed the eductor style transfer pump in your passenger tank. So your going to run a line off that venturi block, over to the passenger side tank and connect it to the pump inlet on the fuel pump hat and then you will run a return line from that passenger side pump hat back to to the 4th port on the RSI hat. So YES, you are putting fuel pressure to the passenger side tank, the fuel pressure you are sending there is used to create suction through the eductor style pump that transfers the fuel from the passenger side to the drivers side. The amount of fuel that powers that pump is minimal. I believe the orfice in the venturi block is somthing like .030". But using this block is required if you want to retain the fuel transfer feature that the cars have stock.

I used to have a diagram for this that I drew up, but no longer have it. If you have any questions just ask or I will PM you my phone number.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:19 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by breecher_7
The install of this is really straight forward. I pieced this together for the car it was installed in as there were no kits at that time and it was one of the first units out there but to give you a quick run down...

The fuel hat obviously replaces the stock one. You need to run two lines out of the had that there fuel feed lines (i used -6 lines), In one of the feed lines you will install the venturi block that was supplied and then tie both feeds together at a y-block and either run a -6 or -10 line to the fuel rail supply and then you run a return line back to the fuel hat.

NOW, the reason you have that venturi block is to feed the eductor style transfer pump in your passenger tank. So your going to run a line off that venturi block, over to the passenger side tank and connect it to the pump inlet on the fuel pump hat and then you will run a return line from that passenger side pump hat back to to the 4th port on the RSI hat. So YES, you are putting fuel pressure to the passenger side tank, the fuel pressure you are sending there is used to create suction through the eductor style pump that transfers the fuel from the passenger side to the drivers side. The amount of fuel that powers that pump is minimal. I believe the orfice in the venturi block is somthing like .030". But using this block is required if you want to retain the fuel transfer feature that the cars have stock.

I used to have a diagram for this that I drew up, but no longer have it. If you have any questions just ask or I will PM you my phone number.
Absolutley Awesome ! thanks Tony ...I may be callin
Old 07-22-2010, 06:48 PM
stainless40cal
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I asked for a diagram i cant even tell you how many times and never could find anyone on the forum or anywhere that could give me a solid one. You may have to do this a little diffrent than what was said above. From my understanding you got the stage 3 kit, from what Will has told me how they set it up as a two line feed system all the way to the rails.. (did mine like this as well)

Give me a few minutes and i will draw you up a quick sketch of how this is supposed to be done.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:09 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Why the hell would you run two feed lines all the way to the rails? Thats really pointless. A single -8 or -10 is more then enough after bringing the two -6 lines together after the venturi. YOu may want to put some check valves in your system as well if you want to hold fuel pressure once the pump is off.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:04 PM
stainless40cal
Drifting

Why the hell would you run two feed lines all the way to the rails? Thats really pointless. A single -8 or -10 is more then enough after bringing the two -6 lines together after the venturi. YOu may want to put some check valves in your system as well if you want to hold fuel pressure once the pump is off.
Other than the extra flow, i dont have a clue. All i can tell you is this is directly how Will at rsi told me to set it up and how they set theres up and everyone else told me to do it this way as well to keep constant pressure and have the system work correctly.

Below is the drawing of my set up (sorry i just used paint real quick but im sure you will understand motley.

You take your two fuel feed lines out of the top two fittings on the hat run them to each rail. In your feed lines obviously you will put your fuel filters as well as the venturi block. The line coming out of the side of the venturi block goes directly up onto the stock SMALL line coming from the right side tank. The LARGER line that is coming from the stock right side (passanger) tank will go directly into the fuel hat as a return.

Now you have ran your two feed lines into the rails. Take them out the other side of the rails and run each one to a side port on the regulator. After you have your two feeds going into the sides of the regulator, out the bottom of the regulator port you will run your main return line back into one of the bottom fittings on the drivers side (RSI) fuel hat. Also im not sure if they come with the kit you bought or not but you will need the specially made fittings that allow you to connect right into the stock metal lines coming out of the right side tank, unless you want to run completly new lines...

I hope that makes it simple. Its difficult to figure out when you dont have a diagram it took me a little while to piece all the info together, but will at rsi and jeff at tpe were a hugeeeee help. Before you do this please double check with will at rsi and make sure that this is how the stage 3 system is set up, but im almost positive he has said that before as well.

Motley if you have any questions dont be afraid to ask

Last edited by stainless40cal; 07-22-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:08 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

That works but it seems much more complicated then it needs to be. The dual feeds just boggle me, there is no need for it at all. But if that is the way that kit came packaged, should probably set it up that way.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:09 PM
stainless40cal
Drifting

That works but it seems much more complicated then it needs to be. The dual feeds just boggle me, there is no need for it at all. But if that is the way that kit came packaged, should probably set it up that way.
I agree with you a 100% its a little complicated and somewhat overkill. But then again i guess you can never have enough fuel flow
Old 07-22-2010, 08:13 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by stainless40cal
I agree with you a 100% its a little complicated and somewhat overkill. But then again i guess you can never have enough fuel flow
Yeah, but by running two -6 lines to the rails opposed to a single -10 how much does it really matter? Especially considering your regulating the flow! How the hell did you manage to hook up that dual feed with the KB blower? I had a hard enough time doing a single -10 hookup, no damn space! I supplied the feed to the passenger side front rail, looped the back, and put the regulator on the end of the drivers side front rail.. Was a pain in the ***!
Old 07-22-2010, 08:27 PM
wilson34
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would it be alright using the return line to T off to feed the inlet on the passenger side tank? What would I use -4an to that line or smaller?

Does anyone know if RSI sell the venturi block seperate?
Old 07-22-2010, 08:33 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by wilson34
Would it be alright using the return line to T off to feed the inlet on the passenger side tank? What would I use -4an to that line or smaller?

Does anyone know if RSI sell the venturi block seperate?
I would not recommend using the return line to run the venturi, you will not get the same amount of pressure and the fuel probably will not transfer correctly if at all. We used -6 lines for the transfer system as the venturi is set up for -6 line. Unsure if they sell the block seperatly.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:52 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Other than the extra flow, i dont have a clue. All i can tell you is this is directly how Will at rsi told me to set it up and how they set theres up and everyone else told me to do it this way as well to keep constant pressure and have the system work correctly.

Below is the drawing of my set up (sorry i just used paint real quick but im sure you will understand motley.

You take your two fuel feed lines out of the top two fittings on the hat run them to each rail. In your feed lines obviously you will put your fuel filters as well as the venturi block. The line coming out of the side of the venturi block goes directly up onto the stock SMALL line coming from the right side tank. The LARGER line that is coming from the stock right side (passanger) tank will go directly into the fuel hat as a return.

Now you have ran your two feed lines into the rails. Take them out the other side of the rails and run each one to a side port on the regulator. After you have your two feeds going into the sides of the regulator, out the bottom of the regulator port you will run your main return line back into one of the bottom fittings on the drivers side (RSI) fuel hat. Also im not sure if they come with the kit you bought or not but you will need the specially made fittings that allow you to connect right into the stock metal lines coming out of the right side tank, unless you want to run completly new lines...

I hope that makes it simple. Its difficult to figure out when you dont have a diagram it took me a little while to piece all the info together, but will at rsi and jeff at tpe were a hugeeeee help. Before you do this please double check with will at rsi and make sure that this is how the stage 3 system is set up, but im almost positive he has said that before as well.

Motley if you have any questions dont be afraid to ask

Man...Great work ! thank you so much !!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:53 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

thanks Breecher, Stainless, Linear, clif, and Brett. Awesome work boys !
Old 07-22-2010, 10:54 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

I will be setting it up like in the diagram as that is how they engineered it so I figure even if its overkill its probably best. I have an almost new check valve but its a -8 and I am selling it with the A&A kit I have for sale. Guess I need a -6 check valve now.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:55 PM
stainless40cal
Drifting

Anytime man. Like i said if you have any questions just let me know
Old 07-22-2010, 11:03 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Anytime man. Like i said if you have any questions just let me know
Do you have any check valves in the system? If not does it start up on the first crank after its primed?

Also does it mater which way the venture is position for flow? If so which is the correct way?

thanks

Last edited by MotleyDrew; 07-22-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To RSI Fuel System _ Install Instructions/Diagram

Old 07-22-2010, 11:05 PM
theoz385
Instructor

On the stage 3 kit, has anyone had problems with fuel bleeding off immediatly after ignition off, then having to prime it again before starting?
Old 07-22-2010, 11:08 PM
wilson34
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be adding check valves for the sake of it, just to make sure I keep pressure.

Is the venturi block basically a -6an Y?
Old 07-22-2010, 11:11 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by wilson34
I will be adding check valves for the sake of it, just to make sure I keep pressure.

Is the venturi block basically a -6an Y?
ya...just not sure which way it installs as there is no flow arrow on it.

Is this way correct?

Last edited by MotleyDrew; 07-22-2010 at 11:21 PM.

Quick Reply: RSI Fuel System _ Install Instructions/Diagram