C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower nomemclature

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 11:21 AM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

Default Blower nomenclature

Is there a place I can go to learn all the different terminology and what it means? I am always reading V this and T that and I do not understand any of it. I am not quite ready to buy a system but I would like to at least understand what everyone is talking about and help me to make an informed choice.

Last edited by f6john; 04-17-2015 at 11:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-17-2015, 11:50 AM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

Best way is to just keep reading, you will pick it up. Or just google or post a question. The V and T are just versions of that brand of SC, not a generic term.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:02 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

The number after the V determines the series, based on the transmission design. Straight-cut or helically-cut gears, engine oil fed or self contained, gear ratio and bearings change in each series. Straight cut gears are stronger, but noisy. The S, Si, T, Ti, JT, YSi trims are the different sizes that determine your horsepower potential, with the S (discontinued and replaced with the Si) being the lowest potential and the YSi being the highest potential head unit in the Vortech family that will fit under our hoods with a kit currently offered.

Here's a link to the Vortech page that explains some of it. http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...=SUPERCHARGERS

There are other pages that tell you the overall horsepower potential and other things.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:15 PM
Big Jt
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im pretty sure that 95% of the people on here does know what "nomemclature" even means..hahah
Old 04-17-2015, 07:57 PM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Big Jt
im pretty sure that 95% of the people on here does know what "nomemclature" even means..hahah
I won't say whether I agree with that statement or not, but I will say I feel better about getting info from those who do know what it means!
Old 04-17-2015, 07:58 PM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT56
The number after the V determines the series, based on the transmission design. Straight-cut or helically-cut gears, engine oil fed or self contained, gear ratio and bearings change in each series. Straight cut gears are stronger, but noisy. The S, Si, T, Ti, JT, YSi trims are the different sizes that determine your horsepower potential, with the S (discontinued and replaced with the Si) being the lowest potential and the YSi being the highest potential head unit in the Vortech family that will fit under our hoods with a kit currently offered.

Here's a link to the Vortech page that explains some of it. http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...=SUPERCHARGERS

There are other pages that tell you the overall horsepower potential and other things.

Thanks for the info and the link, I'll keep reading.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:35 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by f6john
I won't say whether I agree with that statement or not, but I will say I feel better about getting info from those who do know what it means!
I think he left out "not", and is making fun of your spelling.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Big Jt
Instructor

Indeed i did leave it out.. and i saw it was misspeeled, but again, not many people would even know if it was misspell.. oh well haha
Old 04-17-2015, 11:26 PM
Big Jt
Instructor

Nomenclature as in men.. im sure you Kentucky people know all about that!!!

Now.. iv had more blower cars then you could "shake a stick at" and been doing it longer then most people been on the site.. just and FYI
Old 04-17-2015, 11:41 PM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Big Jt
Nomenclature as in men.. im sure you Kentucky people know all about that!!!

Now.. iv had more blower cars then you could "shake a stick at" and been doing it longer then most people been on the site.. just and FYI
Fixed, as many times as I looked at it I never noticed the m in place of the n. Even googled it and didn't catch it. Just a senior moment I suppose. Never owned a blower car myself, I'm sure you are a treasure trove of information.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:13 AM
TheCartel
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Just ask in this thread if something confuses you. We'll try our best to explain!

Get notified of new replies

To Blower nomemclature

Quick Reply: Blower nomemclature