C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Realistic Expectations on SC Install....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 07:59 AM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Realistic Expectations on SC Install....

Good morning everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I began this project after I decided to keep my C5. I have a slightly modified NA 97 Coupe I almost sold but decided to keep. My car is currently going through an SC install and other drive train upgrades to improve on the drivetrain at County Corvette in West Chester, PA. This will be the first time with an FI car so I'm looking forward to it. You can see specifics here if you like:https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-projects.html

I just wanted to get some feedback about my expectations. Currently NA the car is making 482 RWHP. My goal when I started mapping this out was in the 600-650 RHWP/ 550 RWTQ range. This car sees the strip 1-2 times a year (maybe) and track maybe 2-3 times. These are the specifics:
1.) New A&A V3Si blacked out, 3.6 pulley and all goodies associated (inj, etc);
2.) New Rear Diff-New 3.42 build in 3 rib with severe duty internals and 300m R&L output shafts;
3.) LS3 with 160 Tstat installed 2013 originally NA setup;
4.) Cam 237/249 .624 114 LSA and upgraded springs and hardened pushrods-installed in 2013 with engine;
5.) Kook 1 7/8" with xpipe and high flow cats installed 2013;
6.) Ron Davis radiator installed 2013;
7.) RSG upgrade T56 with Z06 upgrades installed in 2012;
8.) New McLeod Street Twin RST with McLeod flywheel;
9.) New Upgrades to torque tube-PST Driveshaft, with new poly couplers;
10.) New Hoosier Performance Torque Limiting Mount and Diff & Transmission Strut Kit;
11.) New ATI Harmonic Balancer OE size with ARP bolt for the hb;
12.) New RPM C5 300m axle kit is the only thing I am waiting on;
Other stuff previously installed- SKF hubs, Bilstein shocks, Hyperco springs; C6Z06 sway bars. Car currently rides on 275 -19 upfront and 345-20s in the rear with 2in mini tub and extended ARP blots in the rear.

I was told that at this power level that I could do with or with out meth. I went with out for now, we'll add later if I decided to move up the power scale. Fuel wise, again told I should be ok for now, if I go higher, upgrades to the fuel will be done.

I found a couple of threads that were similar in platforms in the C6 FI section but they all installed different stuff based on advise from others and meth appears to be used in most. Just curious what others think. Expectations realistic?

Thanks

Last edited by ezrider4u2; 04-19-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:17 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Get the meth while it's being tuned, especially on a motor that was making 482 na
Old 04-19-2015, 09:28 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Get the meth while it's being tuned, especially on a motor that was making 482 na
YES....meth, have sum!

Get notified of new replies

To Realistic Expectations on SC Install....

Quick Reply: Realistic Expectations on SC Install....