C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Urethane Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 02:03 PM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

I did the Hinson mounts years ago, and wouldn't hesitate to buy again tomorrow. I don't like the engine moving all over the place with the rubber mounts, and didn't notice any change in vibrations personally. But as some others have noted, mine isn't super quiet either so if there was something very minor I likely wouldn't know.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:12 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Another issue to consider with the lower mounts is the header/bellhousing clearance to the ground. My 2 inch headers are already very low to the ground because my ride height is very low.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:05 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Patches
I also had a clearance issue with the A&A bracket - it was interfering with one of the PS rack lines that connects to the top of the rack cylinder. Lowering the engine brought the tensioner in contact with the PS line. I had to bend the line outward to clear the tensioner. I wrapped some tubing around the line to prevent chaffing as well. You can see the line in the pics below and the exaggerated bowed path it takes to clear the tensioner.

Nice clean car & set up. Robert
Old 05-23-2015, 10:53 PM
turbocvette
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased jahnsfabworks mounts mainly because hinson ones look like cast junk in the pictures. I cant speak on the quality i just don't think they look very nice. I got jf solid aluminum and honestly cant tell that much of a difference and will be getting his solid trans mount soon.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:02 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Milan
...he has the shorter ones for people with LSXR intake
or a phenolic TVS manifold spacer

Quick Reply: Urethane Motor Mounts