C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Micro Storm / LNC-2000 C5 Corvette (how to)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 12:21 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

Default Micro Storm / LNC-2000 C5 Corvette (how to)

i'm posting this since i could not find any help online when i done my install and took way to long on figuring it all out and about 20+ call to schnitz racing & lingenfelter but its up and running now!

one of the problems i was having was the micro storm needed to be powered up when the car was running if not i would get reduced power and service traction control since its tapped into the TPS for the window switch function, the problem with having it on all the time is if the nitrous was not armed @ WOT it would still send a signal to activate the LNC-2000 and pull timing (very aggravating) when on the dyno the system would kick on but kick right off after 3 hours back and forth with tech support (who tried to help but really didnt have all the answers while i was strapped down on the dyno) found out it was do to the wrong tech signal in programing

so heres whats needed to be done if you want to used this controller on your c5 (probably all LS family engines)

i pulled the tech signal from the coil pack plug on the passenger side light green wire to the micro storm white wire, the mirco storm Tach signal input frequency need to be set to 1=1 pulse per revolution

Lingenfelter tech helped me here
i installed a relay inline for the TPS signal wire so the controller does not have to be on all the time
terminal 86 to the nitrous arming switch (micro storm also gets power here)
terminal 87 to TPS signal from the car
terminal 30 to micro storm TPS signal (yellow wire)
terminal 85 to ground

for the micro storm to activate the LNC-2000 you need to use a relay also, the purple wire sends ground to turn on the relay
terminal 85 & 30 both go to 12v +
terminal 87 to the orange wire on the LNC-2000
terminal 86 to the purple wire from the micro storm

the micro storm had a time delay function the can be setup when using the purple wire to trigger the LNC-2000 it only does the time delay once per power up after that its instant (1st WOT is delayed 2nd 3rd and so on WOT is instant) unless the controller is turn off then back on thats the only way to get the timed delay again (i have this setup for 1/4 mile passes timing retard delayed 2.75 seconds nitrous delayed 3.0 seconds from WOT) i thought my controller was screwed up until this was figured out thats why i though i'd mention it

the controller also has a Resume Mode Hold & Wait feature, if you have to lift for any reason once you go back to WOT it starts right back from where it was at when you lifted or for manual cars when you push the clutch it cuts out and back on when your off the clutch

the instructions on the Lingenfelter website has a diagram for the relay wiring for the purple wire on the micro storm

like to thank Adam at Lingenfelter he was a big help in figuring some of this out

hope this help some one i sure could of used this last week lol

Quick Reply: Micro Storm / LNC-2000 C5 Corvette (how to)