C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortech V2 supercharger leaking oil

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 10:29 PM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Vortech V2 supercharger leaking oil

Help!

Backstory: I installed a used V2 supercharger kit over the winter. I have been running it and had no issues with the supercharger up until now.

This week, I tore down almost everything to put new BTR valve springs, seals, and push rods in. Since I had the Supercharger off, I put on a shorter serpentine belt. I was getting a little slip at high rpm and loss of boost.

I also replaced the stainless steel braided oil drain line with a rubber hose. The stainless steel line was a B$%#ch to get on, so I noticed A&A sells just plain old rubber hose as a replacement.

I got everything back together today and am having a few issues, most concerning is oil leaking from the supercharger. It is dripping and running down part of the brace (see pic below). Oil is also getting slung out.

I cannot see where its coming from, but the only thing there is between the pulley and casing. Is there a seal there that just let go???

I dont think its coming from the new rubber hose. i ran my hand down it and it didnt have oil running down it.

Last edited by TX Z06 02; 07-22-2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:36 PM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Fixed it...kinda.

The return line was kinked. Crisis averted for now.

I left the return line long because the hardest thing to do when removing the supercharger is getting that oil return line off of the bottom of the supercharger. you could only move it a few inches before the line was taught.

That being said, I will need to do an overhaul on the seals/bearings in the near future.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (05-30-2022)
Old 07-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts

Unrestricted oil return is critical. I have the replacement seal that goes behind the blower pulley if you want to replace that.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (05-30-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To Vortech V2 supercharger leaking oil

Quick Reply: Vortech V2 supercharger leaking oil