C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

450 Walbro Fuel pump upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Awesome04Vette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 450 Walbro Fuel pump upgrade

Hey Guys,

If this has already been posted or in the wrong section I apologize and please let me know!

I am doing heads/cam/nitrous(wet shot) on my 04 C5 and need to upgrade my fuel pump... I was going to do the Lingenfelter High Flow Z06 pump upgrade but it is on back order until march... So I am considering the alternative of Walbro 450 pump upgrade. I worry because its a universal kit. Usually whenever the word "universal" is used its a nightmare... Who has done this upgrade to theirs and how bad was the install? any suggestions or advice is very much appreciated!!

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2017, 12:11 PM
Hablomos
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a Walbro 450 on my 2000. Since we have two separate tanks I didn't want to upset the stock fuel transfer system I just took apart the stock fuel can and swapped the stock pump for mine. right or wrong I just plopped the new pump with it's sock right inside of the can (the stock one has the sock mounted outside of the can). It builds fuel pressure and seems to work fine but I haven't gotten to actually stress test it yet. I'm waiting for the weather to clear up a bit so that I can pull it up to the dyno. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'd be curious to hear what other people have done. Surely not everyone is spending thousands on their fuel systems.

Quick Reply: 450 Walbro Fuel pump upgrade