Sponsored by:

All American Lift

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Barrier
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Default All American Lift

In my search for information on the Tilt Lift by Autolifters I contacted the successor company All American Lift at allamericanlift@sbcglobal.net 3162832242, they are located in Kansas. I spoke with one of the owners named Earl. He was really helpful in giving me information.
Anybody interested in purchasing an American Made 2 or 4 post lift might want to contact All American. From what I understand their products are a real alternative to the other 2 and 4 Posters on the market.
Barrier
Old 09-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Stock Man
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Have they got a web site?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:53 AM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Good to know

I had felt that the old Autolifters was a viable competitor to the Backyard Buddy (I prefer the sliding collar design of these lifts versus the "C" channel leg design of most other 4 posters). Hopefully the new owners will maintain and/or improve the quality of their product. It's easy to cut corners on little things, with no one being the wiser until something breaks or worse And now that BYB has, IMO, gone crazy with their prices, perhaps these folks can fill the void

Unfortunately they confront a bit of a catch-22 - people aren't familiar with their product, so they aren't a big name in the industry, so people don't buy them,etc.... The owners desperately need to improve their website to provide more info to consumers.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:54 AM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Stock Man
Have they got a web site?
www.allamericanlifts.com
Old 09-28-2006, 02:58 PM
mneblett
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by wamara
I had felt that the old Autolifters was a viable competitor to the Backyard Buddy (I prefer the sliding collar design of these lifts versus the "C" channel leg design of most other 4 posters). Hopefully the new owners will maintain and/or improve the quality of their product. It's easy to cut corners on little things, with no one being the wiser until something breaks or worse And now that BYB has, IMO, gone crazy with their prices, perhaps these folks can fill the void

Unfortunately they confront a bit of a catch-22 - people aren't familiar with their product, so they aren't a big name in the industry, so people don't buy them,etc.... The owners desperately need to improve their website to provide more info to consumers.
I'll post some experience I assembled one of their lifts (M815) in my garage in January. Very happy with it. Mechanically well-built; looks like decades of service ahead. I had my entire lift painted red; the paint quality isn't great, but that's the only "negative" from my perspective (and frankly, I don't care -- strong/safe at a good price is much more important to me than looks).

The width between the ramps is nearly inside-tire-to-inside-tire wide, letting me do whatever I want under the car -- so far including dropping the mid-pipes and mufflers (twice), tranny shift mod, tunnel plate, fluid changes, etc.; also had it up on stands (in the optional jacking trays) with all 4 wheels off for brake bleeding, no problems. As a bonus, unlike many of the c-channel lifts, the M815 is wide enough to take my wife's '05 F-150 -- without folding the mirrors. The extra width also helps make parking the C5 easier -- our C5 sits under the lift, and the extra 5-6" on each side essentially eliminates any concern with post-scraping. Definitely one of my better shop purchases.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:09 PM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Hi mneblett,
Thanks for sharing - sounds very
Old 09-28-2006, 03:43 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I have two of the original Autolifters M6 lifts. They don't have the sealed bushings that the new ones have but that hasn't been a problem. I use mine for storage of my 56 and 64, so they don't get lowered very often. The last one I purchased was about 4 years ago and paid $2300 with free shipping. I highly recommend them and would purchase another, even at their higher prices.

Get notified of new replies

To All American Lift

Quick Reply: All American Lift