Sponsored by:

good website for targa tops.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:38 PM
neokorros
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default good website for targa tops.

i havent seen any vendors who sell targa tops so i figured i would post this and tell my story.

blah blah blah, top flew off while going 50mph..... sadness..... more sadness. insurance gave me 1600 dollars cuz i said the latch was faulty...

found this website, and bought a new one while giving them my old one. paid like 600 something, and i think 35 bux or so to fedex to ship my broken top to them.

amazing top, wont scratch or fade, fits perfect 110% pleased.

sorry if this post shouldnt be here, just figured i would let everyone know my experience.

http://astrotops.com/

~ nick

Last edited by neokorros; 11-23-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:48 PM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 780 Likes on 441 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

I bet it hasn't rained where you live since the new top yet
Enjoy it if it fits . the one I have fits like $*it and it took a lot of work to stop the leaks .
bad cut lines and worse customer service .
Old 11-23-2007, 10:08 PM
jetmech09
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default targa

I have heard nothing good from this company, from c4 tops to c5 tops . I would not touch them with a 10 ft pole.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:27 PM
neokorros
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe i got lucky then, it has rained over 20 times since i have had it this past summer.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:30 AM
bucwheat
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the heads up guys.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:53 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I haven't bought one from them but I sold them one.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:26 PM
DevilMan02
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I'm posting to say I'm joining the club. I arrived at a brushless car wash and jumped out of my car too quick to put the top on because the place was closing. I forgot to latch the top on. Car comes out. I casually pull out on to the road, feel something weird going on in the car, and then I look behind me to see my F*$king roof flipping like a quarter behind me. Of course the F&^King thing lands butter side down!

By calling the insurance about this, will my premiums go up significantly?? My car was also keyed, I'm thinking of saying that the targa scratched the car when it flew off.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilMan02
Well I'm posting to say I'm joining the club. I arrived at a brushless car wash and jumped out of my car too quick to put the top on because the place was closing. I forgot to latch the top on. Car comes out. I casually pull out on to the road, feel something weird going on in the car, and then I look behind me to see my F*$king roof flipping like a quarter behind me. Of course the F&^King thing lands butter side down!

By calling the insurance about this, will my premiums go up significantly?? My car was also keyed, I'm thinking of saying that the targa scratched the car when it flew off.
Your premiums should not go up because it is a comprehensive claim, not collision. That's how it worked for me :o.

Why didn't you claim the keying when it happened? I see no benefit to lying to the insurance company -- key damage should be a comprehensive claim as well....
Old 09-26-2009, 08:20 AM
DevilMan02
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Argent C5
Your premiums should not go up because it is a comprehensive claim, not collision. That's how it worked for me :o.

Why didn't you claim the keying when it happened? I see no benefit to lying to the insurance company -- key damage should be a comprehensive claim as well....
I was afraid of premiums rising. I thought I knew how insurance companies work: you're forced to pay for it and then when you NEED it, they jack the rates up over the course of a few years so you end up PAYING FOR IT OUT OF POCKET ANYWAY. Then they keep you hanging there like a cash pinata to squeeze more money out of you. Perhaps I'm wrong on this.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:26 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Melrose t tops
Old 09-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilMan02
I was afraid of premiums rising. I thought I knew how insurance companies work: you're forced to pay for it and then when you NEED it, they jack the rates up over the course of a few years so you end up PAYING FOR IT OUT OF POCKET ANYWAY. Then they keep you hanging there like a cash pinata to squeeze more money out of you. Perhaps I'm wrong on this.
There are different types of policies and companies. Most important, I think, is the difference between collision and comprehensive. I think they all get you eventually for collision claims, because that changes your driver ratings (some policies, like mine, give you one accident every 5 years worth of "forgiveness" -- but I probably pay a bit more up-front for that). Comprehensive is really different -- you should not get screwed making such claims (but I suspect if you made enough of them that would be a red flag).

Get notified of new replies

To good website for targa tops.

Quick Reply: good website for targa tops.