Sponsored by:

Zip-Corvette.com reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:18 AM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Steve...I wouldn't worry a bit about dealing with Zip. They have been around a long time and have a solid reputation. I have ordered from them before and will again. It seems like you are more concerned about the type of transaction than the company....buying an item and having a core to deal with. Don't worrry about it....things will go well for you!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Not A Z06
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not had any problems with them.
Of coarse I live 16 miles away.
Name:  DSCF0451.jpg
Views: 2211
Size:  94.0 KB
Old 10-27-2009, 04:51 PM
srs244
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by jabbott
Not exactly. How do you steal a design that came on your GM car originally. It is amazing how many people out there take credit for there design on a part that was originally designed by Chevrolet. There are always two sides to a story, we just chose to take the high road.
not worth the argument
Old 10-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

You are correct
Old 10-27-2009, 05:58 PM
BUGZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had my C3 & C4 I order parts from them without issue.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:29 PM
NOLAVette
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As it turns out I had no reason to be concerned about these guys. I received the steering rack in great condition (although missing the 2 large boot clamps-just used a couple of hose clamps I had), Installed it and it worked perfectly. Sent the old part back and received the $400 core charge. No complaints at all and I'll definitely deal with them again.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:47 AM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by minitech
I have never had any problems with Zip.

When I had some C3s I ordered lots of parts and always made an effort to avoid the other company on the other side of the story because of the way they acted to the public about it.
Corvette parts = Zip parts ! no risk and excellant customer service as opposed to : Call on my special phone and I'll make up my mine if I am willing to discuss about corvette parts ?
Old 03-15-2011, 03:10 PM
drv
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by joe@zip
NOLAVette - Why the uneasy feeling? … etc. ...
I hate to do this, but I feel that's the right thing to do. My last story with Zip from March 07 to March 15, 2011 :

On Monday 07 March 2011, they reserved US$ 4,995.95 (that's right, close to 5K) on my card for a confirmed order (#766293), then Thursday same week they required extra US$ 451.73 "for shipping", and the next day Friday same week they canceled my order and sold my parts to others. Next Monday, when I had a chance to reply and in fact I agreed to pay the extra charge, they wrote to me that they can place my order again and I'll have to wait for another month. Meanwhile, they state they released my money but my bank has no knowledge of this and it can take another month before I'll get my money back and I'll be able to use it to get the parts elsewhere.

Full email conversation preserved for legal action, available to whom it may concern.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by drv
I hate to do this, but I feel that's the right thing to do. My last story with Zip from March 07 to March 15, 2011 :

On Monday 07 March 2011, they reserved US$ 4,995.95 (that's right, close to 5K) on my card for a confirmed order (#766293), then Thursday same week they required extra US$ 451.73 "for shipping", and the next day Friday same week they canceled my order and sold my parts to others. Next Monday, when I had a chance to reply and in fact I agreed to pay the extra charge, they wrote to me that they can place my order again and I'll have to wait for another month. Meanwhile, they state they released my money but my bank has no knowledge of this and it can take another month before I'll get my money back and I'll be able to use it to get the parts elsewhere.

Full email conversation preserved for legal action, available to whom it may concern.
IBTL It is against froum rules to reopen a thread this old. You need to start a new one if you wish to bash them. Personally I never had any issues with them.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by drv

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...s-or-more.html
Old 03-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Zip Corvettes

Originally Posted by drv

I understand we have a misunderstanding here, let me clear this up.
I know that Andy has sent you an email about this also.
When we did not hear from you we cancelled the order. This is standard operating procedure because our inventory is live, so if we don't hear from you when there are issues with the order it is cancelled and if someone else orders than those parts will go to them. I know there were some issues that led to all of this, not all on our part. We have not charged you for anything. We do not charge any cards until the parts actually leave here, what you are seeing on your card is a pre-authorization, the money is still there. We don't release that, your bank does if we don't charge you after a certain amount of time. I have all of the items you ordered still in stock except for a brake duct that should be here by the end of this week. I am sorry that there was a misunderstanding between you and Bev, she was doing what she thought was right. If you would still like to go forward with order just let me know.
Thank You
Justin Abbott
VP
Old 03-17-2011, 07:53 AM
drv
3rd Gear

Thank you for your involvement. Thank you also for offering me to have the order delayed only a few days instead of the end of April.

I would welcome an amicable outcome, without any favors but only fair compensation, this is why I will explain myself below. I expect explicit denial on all my untrue statements regarding this order, if any.

On the 14 February, you sent me a shipment delay notice, writing that my order was expected on the 26 March. That was not good news, as my order was from the 08 February, but I didn't object. However, I planned your payment to occur anytime after the 15 March.

Then, on the 25 February, you tried to make a transaction on my card. That attempt failed, because your transaction was not expected according to your own shipment delay notice. You wrote to me that my order is on hold due to the transaction being declined. I replied the next day (26 February) that I will refill the account and I will get back to you. Then, on the 04 March, I followed up confirming that your funds will be available on the 07 March. This was still 3 weeks earlier than the estimated shipping date in your own shipment delay notice (26 March).

Without my approval, you have made further attempts to charge/reserve my card, on the 28 February, on the 01 March (twice) and on the 04 March.

N.B. - I have a substantial turnover on that same bank account that the card on your file is attached to. Therefore, some planning is needed. Also, some security measures are needed in order to prevent frauds. Among others, I have real-time warnings (phone messages) and I must pre-approve all transactions (payments and reservations alike) over a certain amount on all my cards (including the one that is on file with you).

On the 07 March, you have attempted again to make the same transaction, I noticed the failure by myself, I sent the pre-approval to the bank, then I wrote to you to try it again and it went through 25 minutes after your first attempt.

Now, your Administrative Assistant B.L. was very explicit on Monday 14 March that she voided the reservation of the order value on my card as per your invoice from the 08 February. I welcome your explanation that you do not do such releases, this does not go against anything I've said. According to Visa clearing procedures as explained by my bank, this cancelation has no immediate impact upon the balance of my account, meaning that the originally reserved amount does not become available immediately, but only after 31 days from the reservation date, just as if you let the reservation expire. Moreover, this would mean that, if you cannot get your payment anymore as per the initial reservation (if you really voided the reservation), and if I still wish to have that order, then I would have to use another amount of equal value to pay it, and wait to recover the amount initially reserved after 31 days from that respective date. That would be 15 April. I find this unfair to me.

The same person was also very explicit that she canceled my order and voided the money reservation after "not having heard from me" and after trying and failing to charge my card for the shipping extra cost. Regarding the alleged failure to charge my card for the extra cost, I find this improbable (not to say false). As I mentioned, I receive real-time warnings (phone messages not later than 5 minutes) for every attempt of charging or reserving money on every card that I own, either successful or declined.

Regarding the statement that you "did not hear from me", I find it extremely subjective, but the facts are:
- I have received your request for my CVV# on Thursday 10 March, when I was out of town. I did not carry all my cards with me, nor have I remembered the CVV# of the card that is on file with you. I assume at that time my order was still valid, since you required extra charges on it.
- On Monday, 14 March, I checked and sent to Mrs. B.L. the CVV#.
- Mrs. B.L. replied to me that meanwhile my order was canceled and the money reservation voided.
In my understanding, this means that you canceled my order and voided the money reservation on Friday 11 March (sole business day between Thursday and Monday). I find this unreasonable and abusive, as Mrs. B.L.'s email from Thursday 10 March does not contain any warning that I should react within 24 hours. Not to mention that such a request itself would have been unreasonable, given the history of this order.

I do still need a complete ZR1 body conversion kit. By the way, one competitor where I am a Platinum customer advises that the kit parts list misses some hardware.

So, please do all the checking you may find appropriate and advise.

Sincerely,
Remus Vulpescu

Last edited by drv; 03-17-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Zip Corvettes

Remus,
I read the email you sent to Andy and it sounds like we were in the wrong on this. We will get it taken care of and Andy is working on it right now. As far as the kit missing pieces, most everyone copied our kit and we have one of the most complete kits that I have seen down to the nuts and bolts needed. I would be interested in hearing what we are missing. We just did a conversion on an 07 that is sitting in our showroom and nothing was missing from it. The only part we do not include is the inner fenders because you can modify the originals to work. To replace them is expensive on the part and labor when they are not really needed. We appreciate your business and we will fix this problem that you encountered. I am sorry this happened, it is standard for us to cancel an order like that but not as fast as that one happened especially a foreign order. I do have all of the parts here except the one brake duct which should be here Friday or Monday. If you would like for us to continue with the order please let Andy know and it will get it taken care of immediately.
Thank You
Justin Abbott
VP

Last edited by Zip Corvettes; 03-17-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:27 AM
drv
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
Remus,
I read the email you sent to Andy and it sounds like we were in the wrong on this. We will get it taken care of and Andy is working on it right now. As far as the kit missing pieces, most everyone copied our kit and we have one of the most complete kits that I have seen down to the nuts and bolts needed. I would be interested in hearing what we are missing. We just did a conversion on an 07 that is sitting in our showroom and nothing was missing from it. The only part we do not include is the inner fenders because you can modify the originals to work. To replace them is expensive on the part and labor when they are not really needed. We appreciate your business and we will fix this problem that you encountered. I am sorry this happened, it is standard for us to cancel an order like that but not as fast as that one happened especially a foreign order. I do have all of the parts here except the one brake duct which should be here Friday or Monday. If you would like for us to continue with the order please let Andy know and it will get it taken care of immediately.
Thank You
Justin Abbott
VP
Justin,

I was a fan and I was disappointed and upset because I knew you could not have such a policy.

I feel better now, after "sorry" was said. Admitting a mistake at the right time is a sign of strength, never a weakness. Too bad it took a VP's time to fix an employee's excess of ego ...

I'm happy we can continue doing business, I think you have one of the most comprehensive offers and one of the best price lists on the U.S. market.

I'll keep in touch by email. I'm still a fan.

Remus
Old 03-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Rickman
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Look at this- a happy ending!!

Zip followed through here, which is why I have dealt with them for years for C3 and C5 parts.

Another important thing is, they have their own Corvette shop, vs. being just a Corvette parts house. I have always found them knowledgeable regarding questions I had about different parts and their application. Several times they got back to me with good advice for a certain project. This can be extremely helpful for DIYers such as myself.

Plus, they support Corvette Forum!

Rickman
Old 03-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Zip Corvettes

Originally Posted by drv
Justin,

I was a fan and I was disappointed and upset because I knew you could not have such a policy.

I feel better now, after "sorry" was said. Admitting a mistake at the right time is a sign of strength, never a weakness. Too bad it took a VP's time to fix an employee's excess of ego ...

I'm happy we can continue doing business, I think you have one of the most comprehensive offers and one of the best price lists on the U.S. market.

I'll keep in touch by email. I'm still a fan.

Remus
Remus,
Thank you, I am sorry that it had to have my involvement also because it should have never happened. We are going to fix it so that it never happens again. We truly appreciate your business and thank you for allowing us to have your continued business.
Thank You
Justin Abbott
Old 11-29-2013, 08:54 PM
NicksterGS
4th Gear

Just joined because I was checking if this site was legit. Decided to buy the Corsa Xtreme w/ the XO pipe. I like this forum and thanks for confirming the site guys.

Get notified of new replies

To Zip-Corvette.com reviews?

Old 11-29-2013, 09:58 PM
nutseynut7
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I ordered parts last year at Carlisle took 2 months till I got them
Old 11-29-2013, 10:38 PM
2003corvettez06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ordered once from them and everything was perfect
Old 11-25-2014, 09:30 PM
BAD-Z06
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003corvettez06
ordered once from them and everything was perfect
I also have caught them being untruthful with me. If you want some specifics, let me know and I will be happy to talk more. Send me a pm.

I don't really care about the money, but it was more of the principal of things, wasting my time, and being untruthful to me.

My personal opinion, stay away unless it is a guaranteed item that cannot be defective or fit properly.

Let me know if I can help more.

Quick Reply: Zip-Corvette.com reviews?