Sponsored by:

ACI Front Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 05:26 AM
C5Pat
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ACI Front Spoiler

Just purchased a front ACI spoiler for my 02 Pewter Vert. Haven't installed it yet as I am working in Korea for the next 10 months, Is everybody that has one are you happy with it? I'm not taking about the look of them, I wouldn't have bouhgt it if I didn't like the look.They say they they are an inch higher.any rubbing issues? How was the fit when installing? Pics would be nice...Thanks Guy's
Old 10-27-2009, 12:12 PM
MG RED 99
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my spoiler. The spoiler is higher than the rubber air deflectors that scrape on driveways. You will end up removing the two outer air deflectors but leave the center section. If you take driveways and steep inclines or declines slowly at an angle you won't scrape to much with the spoiler and the part that does scrape is on the bottom which can't be seen unless under the car. One thing to remember is concrete parking curbs are no longer your friend. I tend to back into spots with curbs just in case. After 2 years of having it on I haven't had any problems from driving with it on. The nice thing about it is if you don't like it after a while it can be removed. Since you seem to have some time before you get to installing it I would suggest getting the side ground effects as well. They blend in nicely with the front spoiler and don't add any ground clearance issues. Here's a few pics, you can also check my photos for more pictures.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Shirl
Safety Car

Received 1,577 Likes on 664 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

That is SHARP ! !
Old 10-27-2009, 12:27 PM
c5vetteguy
Melting Slicks

Received 231 Likes on 163 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Very nice, MG!

I'm considering the same setup for next spring. Am I safe in assuming you've lowered your car all the way on the stock bolts?
Old 10-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Bills03Coupe
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

How do the side ground effects mount, and do they interfere with the jacking points or rocker rails?
Old 10-27-2009, 01:25 PM
MG RED 99
Drifting

Originally Posted by c5vetteguy
Very nice, MG!

I'm considering the same setup for next spring. Am I safe in assuming you've lowered your car all the way on the stock bolts?
thank you

Lowered slightly but not all the way.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:30 PM
MG RED 99
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bills03Coupe
How do the side ground effects mount, and do they interfere with the jacking points or rocker rails?
They are taped on and don't extend past the factory rocker moldings underneath the car. Jacking is not an issue. ACI has a picture of them on there website which gives a better idea of the mounting surface.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:05 PM
mfastert
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love mine. I have the rear moldings too and it makes the car look wider.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,408 Likes on 611 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

The ACI front splitter WILL make you change your driving style. You will need to be very careful whenever you approach any type of incline, ie: driveway ramps, parking lot entrance/exits, etc.

The ACI Splitter IS 1" higher than your black rubber deflector underneath BUT it is also about 22"s further out front too. When you approach a driveway incline the ACI Splitter arrives at the driveway long before your tires, meaning the splitter is there before the tires are starting up the incline and raising the car. The ACI Splitter is also very unforgiving. It will break and crack upon impact,,,

With knowing all that, I still drove my C5 for 4 years with one on the front, and as careful as I was I did have to have it repaired a couple times, but it just looks so good that it was all worth it.....

Just be careful and as Clint Eastwood said in Dirty Harry "A man must know his limitations" You've got to know where and where not to take the car with an ACI front Splitter on it.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Jims2001
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I rub all the time.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:40 PM
rdline
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am considering the aci front splitter you guys have in pics, I have a colgan nose mask right now and know it will not fit over splitter, what do you guys use for front end protection on long rides etc.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:35 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I agree with words spoken above. If you have this spoiler, it will def change your driving style! Need to be extra careful everywhere you go! i have had mine for 5 yrs, i have trashed it 4 times. its been rebuilt everytime luckily since its only fiberglass.

A lot of people don't realize this, but the spoiler actually does provide downforce. i can feel its work when i road race. however, there is also a downfall. since the area of opening for air to get sucked up into rad area is severely reduce to only the "opening" you see in front. the under side doesn't utlilize the center scoop anymore (well, barely). as a result, my engine temps went up about 6-9*. Just keep this in mind folks when you go with the spoiler!

Heres mine, i painted the center "stud" black so its invisible.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:58 PM
C5Pat
Racer

Thank You All... I think I will have to go with the side ground effects Why stop now!!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 12:15 AM
damilleniumboy
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ala-Dammit I love that splitter!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:13 AM
TNTC5
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1 BAD BURB is soooo right about temp will go up
Old 10-28-2009, 05:38 AM
C5Pat
Racer

Originally Posted by TNTC5
1 BAD BURB is soooo right about temp will go up
I have a 160f thermostat and I can adjust the on and off fan settings, I think I will be OK,... Thank's for all the Pics and responses, Don't no why the side ground effects cost more than the front spoiler????? But they do look good!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 06:35 AM
HMannini
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by C5Pat
Just purchased a front ACI spoiler for my 02 Pewter Vert. Haven't installed it yet as I am working in Korea for the next 10 months, Is everybody that has one are you happy with it? I'm not taking about the look of them, I wouldn't have bouhgt it if I didn't like the look.They say they they are an inch higher.any rubbing issues? How was the fit when installing? Pics would be nice...Thanks Guy's
Here's my pewter coupe with the ACI Spoiler. I love the look, my car is lowered on stock bolts and I can't stress enough that you will have to" BE CAREFUL" when parking with those concrete stops and curbs. I've already had to have mine repaired because I hit a curb while making a U-Turn. The fit was close to perfect, it's a quality product.

Get notified of new replies

To ACI Front Spoiler

Old 10-28-2009, 06:36 AM
HMannini
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by rdline
I am considering the aci front splitter you guys have in pics, I have a colgan nose mask right now and know it will not fit over splitter, what do you guys use for front end protection on long rides etc.
Drive faster than the bugs?
Old 10-28-2009, 06:41 AM
C5Pat
Racer

Originally Posted by HMannini
Here's my pewter coupe with the ACI Spoiler. I love the look, my car is lowered on stock bolts and I can't stress enough that you will have to" BE CAREFUL" when parking with those concrete stops and curbs. I've already had to have mine repaired because I hit a curb while making a U-Turn. The fit was close to perfect, it's a quality product.

That does look sweet!!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:02 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by HMannini
Drive faster than the bugs?
Bugs are nothing. Bugs come off with WD40 or QuickShine99

It is the Road Kill you have to watch for. Dead Possums, Dead Skunks

Scooped up a dead possum once, Ewwwwwww Good thing it did not go into the air intake.

Not sure what the ground clearance is with the ACI. Most of the pics above are on grass

Not ACI here but ACP with 3" from the pavement to the bottom of the splitter

Quick Reply: ACI Front Spoiler