Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 compression ratio, 10.1 or more????

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:42 AM
manley845
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default LS1 compression ratio, 10.1 or more????

So I read somewhere that the LS1 is actually closer to 10.25:1 compression then the advertised 10.1:1

Well, I suppose for marketing this would make sense to keep the LS1 further away in specs then the LS6.

But, I wonder what it really is. I am not so curious as to tear down my motor and have it blue printed, but if anyone else has some info on the matter please share.

Anywho, it's only a tenth or so, but considering all the other lil numbers we feel are so important I figure this would be just another one to figure out.

Well, just curious.

Here's a another article that got me thinking about it:

"The LS1 intake port volume is 200 cc. which is a bit of a misnomer because of some of that volume is used for injector spray space; nevertheless, intake volume is generous. The exhaust port volume is 70 cc. The valve seat angles are 30°, 45° and 60°. The chamber roof around the valves blends smoothly with the seat’s top angle. The valves are stainless steel. The intake valve size is 2.00 in. and the exhausts are 1.55-in. with both having smaller, 8mm. valve stems. The valve face angles are 30°, 46° and 60°. The valve guides are pressed-in, sintered-iron units impregnated with material that enhances lubrication. Chamber displacement is 67.3 cc which makes for a compression ratio of 10.2:1." source: http://www.idavette.net/hib/ls1c.html

Quick Reply: LS1 compression ratio, 10.1 or more????