Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CTS-V LSA or 5.0 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:58 PM
BobJ
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The V will spank a 5.0 GT stock/stock or mod/mod, full second.

The V is AMAZING, anyone who says it isn't doesn't know their keyster from a hole in the ground. 45 years old, used to own a modded C6Z, used to own a Kenne Bell C5 Vert.....I know.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 PM
itzza427
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I know the CTS-V meight have the edge,BUT it might come down to driver ability. Always the wild card here!!

Last edited by itzza427; 01-06-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:12 PM
damilleniumboy
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettezman
WIN
I am pretty sure the Vette and The CTS V have the same demographics.
No sir they don't; I won't buy a CTS-^. At 23/24yrs when I bought the vette I wouldn't have bought a Cadillac. Yes, the C5 was "affordable" enough, when I bought the C5 5ys ago, yet now I won't be buying a Cadillac any time soon either lol.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:28 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by damilleniumboy
No sir they don't; I won't buy a CTS-^. At 23/24yrs when I bought the vette I wouldn't have bought a Cadillac. Yes, the C5 was "affordable" enough, when I bought the C5 5ys ago, yet now I won't be buying a Cadillac any time soon either lol.
Perhaps you haven't spent much time around corvette clubs. C5 owners still by and large, are dominated by 50+ year olds... You are a rarity my friend.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:55 AM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 780 Likes on 441 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

That is your personal choice, no one is asking you to buy a Cadillac, besides you are not their target audience. Come back in ten years and report.
Perhaps in the meantime you can do some reading on demographics as I have (unfortunately they don't copy and paste because they are graphs) on what is the average age of a Vette driver and the average age of a CTSV driver. Only then come back and prove me wrong with No sir they don't.
Going to a Vette club in your area in not a bad suggestion either. It will open your eyes.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Bimmervet
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16

That is your personal choice, no one is asking you to buy a Cadillac, besides you are not their target audience. Come back in ten years and report.
Perhaps in the meantime you can do some reading on demographics as I have (unfortunately they don't copy and paste because they are graphs) on what is the average age of a Vette driver and the average age of a CTSV driver. Only then come back and prove me wrong with No sir they don't.
Going to a Vette club in your area in not a bad suggestion either. It will open your eyes.
I am a founding member of Northern Rays Ltd. Corvette club. We had are 1st meeting in 1971, I was average age of the club members. Today the club is one of the largest and most active in the Midwest Region. We sponsered the National Drags at Rt 66 Speedway this past summer.
Today I am again average age for the club members!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:43 AM
damilleniumboy
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Perhaps you haven't spent much time around corvette clubs. C5 owners still by and large, are dominated by 50+ year olds... You are a rarity my friend.
Yeah, I can't argue there. I was quite young when I bought the car, and now at 28 am still young. They are both marketed towards your "older" audence. I have been to Corvette meets around this area, and people are surprised I own one because of my age.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:05 PM
68ragtop69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
MD Events Coordinator
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
Cruise-In X Veteran
CI-X Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Yeah, I can't argue there. I was quite young when I bought the car, and now at 28 am still young. They are both marketed towards your "older" audence. I have been to Corvette meets around this area, and people are surprised I own one because of my age.
I think if I was in my 20's now I would most likely choose a vette over the CTS-V sedan as well, but I'm not too sure what I would do about the vette vs. the CTS-V coupe!! In the end, I think both cars are pretty awesome!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:13 PM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 780 Likes on 441 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

My son is now 22 and has a good career. I must have raised him well because he also owns a Vette, his third now .
Actually his is better than mine by a long shot, it's a supercharged 2005 C6 with a widebody conversion. It dynoed 600HP to the wheels with a meth injection and few other mods.
I am confident that a lot of people think he is borrowing daddy's car, which of course is not the case. He has learned to live with that. He just shrugs it off.
He is by far the youngest member in our club.

Quick Reply: CTS-V LSA or 5.0 GT