Sponsored by:

Lumbar Seat Controls

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Don Marriott
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lumbar Seat Controls

Need Help, I have a 2000 C5 Corvette with dual power seats with lumbar.
My seat controls work on boyhood seats, but lumbar does not. I checked my fuse box in passengers floor board and discovered the 15 amp fuse was out of the slot, I plugged the fuse and lumbar started working, but it zapped all the power of the car, the car would not ever turn over. I removed the fuse and jumped the car and it re-programmed the car, but if the car sits for a couple of days, the battery will be dead.
I took it to the shop, and they told me the contro and adjustment switch were bad, and if I left the fuse out for the lumbar, it would be OK.
Wrong, something is still draining the battery.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:11 PM
ImmortalC5
Advanced

Ok I hope you get this in time to save you trouble this same problem has happen to me and I just solved it two batteries and a whole lot of foul language later the lumbar fuse in my car was out so I replaced it my battery began to drain so I removed it any everything was fine for I while then out of the blue same problem my battery would not hold a charge for more then a day so I knew something was pulling the power from the battery so to find the drain I followed another forum members advice and located what was still pulling power while the car entered sleep mode it is the driver side power seat the control malfunctioned and would constantly pull power so I pulled the fuse and all is well no more drain I believe it is the control and not the seat well I hope any way so I would try pulling both the lumbar fuse and the driver side power seat fuse I would make sure the seat is adjusted first before this and charge the battery drive it for a while park it for the night and try to start it the next day see if your problem is solved sorry for the run on it was a pain in the *** problem.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:07 AM
FRITZM
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Seat problem

Recently i read on cf that a member was having a similar problem. If i remember correctly he found that the wiring under the drivers seat had lost some insulation due to rubbing against the floor pan. It wore through and finally was shorting against the pan. Just a thought. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:39 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

The seat switches are well known for failing and are one of the main reasons for dead batteries

I'd pull the seat first. It's easy to remove. You can then inspect the connector for damage and the wiring for chafing. There can be play on the wiring and it could have snagged at some time. If the wiring looks good it's probably the seat switch itself which is failing. A switch change is simple

Heres the wiring diagram

Last edited by DeeGee; 08-20-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:21 AM
chevykevv
Racer

Hi David, good to see you at the Nationals at the weekend.
My car developed a similar fault whilst we we on holiday, the side bolsters and lumbar would operate on their own which we think caused the flat battery one night.
I have unplugged the switch and the battery is fine but I need to get it repaired / replaced as I have now sold the car.

You don't have a spare switch laying around do you?

Kevv

Get notified of new replies

To Lumbar Seat Controls

Quick Reply: Lumbar Seat Controls