Sponsored by:

VIS carbon fiber hood

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Ronnie wilkins
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIS carbon fiber hood

I have found a unpainted VIS carbon fiber hood,fuzion style. I can buy it cheap because it has a small crack at one of the vents. I will have to repair the crack and have it painted carmine red to match my car as I am not into the black hoods. Anybody have one with some pics or information on the fit and quality? I looked one of these up and they are expensive to buy but I can get this one at a bargain. I would like to see some pics if anybody has some. Thanks
Old 10-09-2012, 11:57 AM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I had a. Vis carbon fiber hood on my stealth...the build quality was ok..over eight years I had cracks at all of the ventes in the hood..and that was from flex in the hood...which they said was normal...not sure on painting one if it were to crack if that would sti'll show up
Old 10-09-2012, 12:02 PM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was never as impressed with VIS as I though I would be. I had a VIS carbon fiber hood and trunk on an eclipse. Over time both were cracked up from normal use and driving. Once it starts cracking, it looks like garbage. Besides, carbon fiber is hardly that much lighter than the stock fiberglass hood to justify the change. The look is what your paying for, which is fine if that's what you are after.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Ronnie wilkins
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I kinda like the looks of it and it would be very functional it looks like. but then again I hate to pay $300 for the hood and another $100 for a friend to paint it if it is going to crack. Wonder if it could be shored up so it doesn't flex with 1/4 pvc plate to make it sturdy in strategic places? I have a sheet of that and a metal shop,maybe that would help. I think these hoods run about $1400 so the price would be nice but since it is carbon and going to be painted who cares if it is carbon or not. I also found a cowl hood in Dallas TX. for $150 in great shape but the shipping would offset the cost savings. Thought about a Tiger shark front end I have found new in box for $380 but I really don't know if I want to change the looks that much. If anybody interested in that let me know and I will get you connected.

Get notified of new replies

To VIS carbon fiber hood

Quick Reply: VIS carbon fiber hood