Sponsored by:

DFW Exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 02:04 PM
RunsLikeHell
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFW Exhaust help

I recently purchased my first Vette in the DFW area and have been looking to put a new set of pipes on. I was hoping a few DFW area members would be kind enough to meet up and let me hear their exhaust and possibly ride around a bit to hear the different drone.

I want a deep and loud muscle car sound so I **THINK** I've narrowed it down to the Borla stingers, B&B bullets, and GHL magnums, though I haven't ruled out anything else.

I appreciate any help I can get as this isn't a choice I'd like to have to make more than once!

Thanks
Old 08-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

You should stop by the C2C2 GTG we hold weekly on Sundays. 10-12 and more show up regularly. Here is a link to the info:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...area-21-a.html

As far as what type to go with, the GHL Bullets are one of the best and have no drone. the Borla Stingers will disappoint with the drone they have.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by RunsLikeHell
I recently purchased my first Vette in the DFW area and have been looking to put a new set of pipes on. I was hoping a few DFW area members would be kind enough to meet up and let me hear their exhaust and possibly ride around a bit to hear the different drone.

I want a deep and loud muscle car sound so I **THINK** I've narrowed it down to the Borla stingers, B&B bullets, and GHL magnums, though I haven't ruled out anything else.

I appreciate any help I can get as this isn't a choice I'd like to have to make more than once!

Thanks
Aside from the weekly GTG we have above (Ed posted).

You will want to attend the monthly "Car's and Coffee" events held the first Saturday of the month. Its located at Classic BMW. On the Dallas North Tollway at the North East Corner of Spring Creek Parkway. Be SURE to show up earlier than 7:30am or you might not get in. Its a 600-800 ++ car event. There are tons of Corvette's there.

There are tons of different exhaust options out there.
What "I" like might not be what you like.

With that said..... I had B&B Bullets for a year and they were nice and loud on my "stock" Z06. Once I added long tube headers/heads/cam they were insane with drone. My wife refused to drive in the car with me, and I hated it too. I sold the B&B Bullets for Corsa Touring. They had no drone and sounded great at WOT, but were too quiet for me. I then went to GHL Bullets and they gave me a nice deep sound, with no resonance. They really "enhanced" the sound of my cam... I can easily talk to my passenger at cruising speeds. This is with my full heads/cam/long tube's too. I will not change them out for anything. Just my opinion though.

GHL does not make the Magnum's anymore (2 tip with 5" muffler can). They only make the GHL Bullets (4 tip with 6" mufler can) and you can usually buy them new for $800 shipped to your door from a forum vendor on here.

I have driven in heads/cam/long tube C5's with Borla Stingers and they sound ok, but they drone. They tend to "muffle" the sound of the cam too I find. Not my favorite exhaust.

Eveyone likes something different though. Get out there and listen to various exhausts, and try to make the correct decision for YOU the first time !

Good luck on your search !
Toque

Last edited by Toque; 08-27-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:12 PM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the deep tone too, personally from all my research I plan on getting B&B Fusion. Although they are quite pricey!
Old 08-27-2013, 03:14 PM
RunsLikeHell
Advanced

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
You should stop by the C2C2 GTG we hold weekly on Sundays. 10-12 and more show up regularly. Here is a link to the info:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...area-21-a.html

As far as what type to go with, the GHL Bullets are one of the best and have no drone. the Borla Stingers will disappoint with the drone they have.

Ed, does the meetup start at 7PM or from 10-12 (edit: pretty sure you meant people that show up haha) the thread says 7 and I don't want to miss it!

Torque, do you frequent that meet up as well, I'd love to hear your setup as long tubes and a cam are in the future plans. I've been stalking the forums for a bit now and I love your subtle styling on the vette.

Last edited by RunsLikeHell; 08-27-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Ed, does the meetup start at 7PM or from 10-12 (edit: pretty sure you meant people that show up haha) the thread says 7 and I don't want to miss it!

Torque, do you frequent that meet up as well, I'd love to hear your setup as long tubes and a cam are in the future plans. I've been stalking the forums for a bit now and I love your subtle styling on the vette.
The GTG starts at 7 every Sunday, but most usually show up 15-20 minutes ealier and BS outside while admiring each other's rides. Toque goes to nearly every one. Unfortunately I live well south of Dallas and don't get the chance to make it to too many, but I do when I can as it's a lot of fun and a great way to spend a Sunday night.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:51 PM
tomsMYz06
Advanced

Default Borla Stingers

Ive got a set of Borla Stinger quad tips Ive had on car for a couple years now. Car is heads/cam/long tubes. Toque is right as it does have some drone. Im going to be putting back on Titanium exhaust so could be looking to sell. Borlas are in excellent shape. PM me if you are interested.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Thanks !
Yes... I help organize the GTG and different events.
I'm there almost every Sunday evening at 6:45 ish...
If its raining (or a chance of rain) I usually show up in my daily driver.

Toque
Old 08-27-2013, 09:52 PM
RunsLikeHell
Advanced

PM sent!

Originally Posted by Toque
Thanks !
Yes... I help organize the GTG and different events.
I'm there almost every Sunday evening at 6:45 ish...
If its raining (or a chance of rain) I usually show up in my daily driver.

Toque
Awesome, I will be there this Sunday! Here's hoping for no rain

Thanks to everyone, I knew I'd get a warm reception here. If anyone else has an exhaust system in DFW that they think is the perfect deep loud muscle car sound and are willing to meet up let me know.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:51 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

another option you might look into is corsa xtreme's... they will give you no drone and low cabin noise at idle and cruising so you will be able to hear and have a conversation if need be... they are loud and have more of a scream to them than a low rumble so that might not be exactly what you want... other than corsa xtreme's the ghl bullets would be the only exhaust I would personally put on my car, just my opinion
Old 08-28-2013, 09:12 PM
RunsLikeHell
Advanced

Originally Posted by neutron82
another option you might look into is corsa xtreme's... they will give you no drone and low cabin noise at idle and cruising so you will be able to hear and have a conversation if need be... they are loud and have more of a scream to them than a low rumble so that might not be exactly what you want... other than corsa xtreme's the ghl bullets would be the only exhaust I would personally put on my car, just my opinion

The only thing with the Corsa is I've heard they are high pitch almost exotic sounding (though I've never heard them in person)
Old 09-02-2013, 01:30 PM
RunsLikeHell
Advanced

Does anyone in the area have a set of B&B bullets? I'd very much like to hear them before I make up my mind.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Does anyone in the area have a set of B&B bullets? I'd very much like to hear them before I make up my mind.
Make sure you drive in a car with them.
The drone/resonance will make your hair stand on end.
You may like that.... you may not.

Just saying that cause I had the B&B Bullets in the past...

Toque
Old 09-02-2013, 06:27 PM
RunsLikeHell
Advanced

Originally Posted by Toque
Make sure you drive in a car with them.
The drone/resonance will make your hair stand on end.
You may like that.... you may not.

Just saying that cause I had the B&B Bullets in the past...

Toque
Right, and I loved the way your GHL's sounded last night. Just want to make sure I do my due diligence before pulling the trigger on a set. I guess I really need to hear the drone before I can appreciate the GHL's fully.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Right, and I loved the way your GHL's sounded last night. Just want to make sure I do my due diligence before pulling the trigger on a set. I guess I really need to hear the drone before I can appreciate the GHL's fully.
Exactly.... do your homework on ALL exhausts. Then make a decision.
Don't just listen to my opinion.
I already did my homework on what ""I"" like.
Its time for you to find out what ""YOU"" like.

Toque
Old 09-03-2013, 12:39 PM
RunsLikeHell
Advanced

Torque,

Do you know if anybody in C2C2 or someone around the area has the B&B Bullets installed on their c5? Seems to be a tough exhaust to track down.

Found a guy with heads cam lt's and borla stingers (Even though I don't think I'll like them much it's worth listening to) but can't seem to find a set of B&B's around.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

I used to, but he sold the car.
Cars n Coffee on Sat morning is ur best bet.

Toque

Get notified of new replies

To DFW Exhaust help

Quick Reply: DFW Exhaust help