Sponsored by:

dyeing a convertible top

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 10:42 PM
wheelman1944
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyeing a convertible top

Hey guys... I've got a 2002 electron blue with an Oak top...its got some dark spots here an there...mostly visable in the shade or cloudy says and very visable when its wet...I've used all the best cleaners available...they did help some but not a lot....Now...having said all that to Gert to this....upholstery guy said he's dyed a bunch of tops, especially white ones an they came out perfect....any of you had any dealings like this an what was the results...my top is perfect wear wise... No bad wear...good stitches an all....I'd hate to pay for a new top if this procedure would bring it back like new....thanks in advance for the help
Old 10-19-2014, 01:46 AM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

in theory it's fabric and it should take a dye , my guess would doing it the correct way which every way that maybe and I would think it would turn out pretty nice...
Old 10-19-2014, 10:03 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Here is a link to look at. Never done it myself. Might want to do a Goggle search yourself for more results.

http://www.topoftheline.com/converti...dye-renew.html
Old 10-19-2014, 10:08 AM
memmer
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

You have to make sure that the stained area will except the dye or you will have spots showing up on the newly dyed top.I had the same problem and I decided not chance it and went for a new top, but then again I wanted to go from the Oak to a black top for my white convertible.
Good Luck
Fred

Get notified of new replies

To dyeing a convertible top

Quick Reply: dyeing a convertible top