Sponsored by:

Top Speed Pro-1 headers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Opti
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Speed Pro-1 headers?

Just curious if anyone has these headers installed, and if so if they have any comments about them. They are based here in dfw, I may have to go take a look at the headers since info seems scarce.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:09 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts
Default Crazy pricing.

In all honesty I planned to design and make (and maybe market) my own Tri-Y headers this winter. At the pricing of some of these manufacturers (Texas Speed, OBX and now Top Speed) I cant likely do this at my cost, and I am in metal manufacturing.
A C6 install from this site:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...from-ebay.html
If I knew the install was "standard difficulty", and maybe had to have a fabricator do some small changes I'd be all in. Adding or re-placing any missing items (AIR, bungs, for example), fine.
A difficult install or major pipe miss-placement would make it a frustrating purchase and install. Somebody has to have installed them. EBay shows "one pair left". Perhaps marketing, but I'm sure you or I wouldn't be the first to try them.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Opti
Advanced

I bought a c5 in pretty rough shape and have been constantly working on it getting it back in good shape.

After fixing all the small stuff which I'm almost done with, the plan was to refresh the suspension and lose the F45, but every time I've ordered a light harness or new visors or floor mats I keep going back and searching for performance parts. I've fought off the mod bug but it's getting hard, at this price I might have a moment of weakness and buy some headers, they are close to me so if they don't fit I can just take them back.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:18 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

if you are local go take a look and if you do decide to buy them and have problems afterwards at least you can deal with it face to face
Old 12-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Opti
Advanced

So which one of you guys bought a set. 1 set sold on 12-06
Old 12-08-2014, 08:44 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

you pay for what you get , good price for header's which may or may not fail down the road...I looked at several of these off brand header companies when I bought my header's and read hours on hours of install nightmare's or them having to mod something else or dent a pipe on the header for them to fit. after all of that I shelled out the money for a set of LG headers and other then the ****** clamps then send in the kit, I had zero issues with installing them

Get notified of new replies

To Top Speed Pro-1 headers?

Quick Reply: Top Speed Pro-1 headers?