Sponsored by:

Considering Trading my car...hear me out

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 10:23 AM
speedmaster64
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by vrhaines
Sunroof at least - and looking at a ragtop. My point is, if I stay corvette the top has to come off, I won't do a FRC.
i agree with you. I'm pretty sure C6 ZO6 meant the end of the FRC, which would mean that GM agreed.

Taking the roof off my C5 is something I would sorely miss if I no longer had it.

As for the Camaro, I flirted with doing the exact same thing but after 15 minutes driving one, I felt utterly uninspired. I was very happy when we got back from the test drive and this was waiting for me.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:07 PM
vrhaines
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks all *sorry for delay*. I kept it. Cant get past how much I love this car.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:53 PM
midnight01
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

At the end of the day, you are the one driving whatever car you choose. If you really like the SS, buy it. like a few others have mentioned, you are on a corvette forum asking if you should get rid of it for a different car. Me personally if i got a great deal on a different car, I wouldn't question it especially if I liked it. Its considered a poor mans vette but just like a vette you can make it go fast the same way. You can make it carve corners the same way. Do what makes you happy.
I love my vette, just like I loved my Supra, and I loved my Z28, and I loved my Ferrari, but at the end of the day they are cars and can be replaced quickly.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:51 PM
bravo29
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

I was a fifth gen SS owner and can say its gone. Was good when it first came out but lost its luster seeing to many on the street.

It has its issues like the corvette but as people stated its a heavier car and more of a pain to work on.

I cant count on my hands how many issues I had that the dealer wouldn't fix. My brother bought a 2016 and already having clutch issues (poping out of 1st and 2nd), Radio issues, threading coming out of the seats (same issue as fifth gens), and breaks squeaking LOUD (replaced twice already).

Pick your pleasure. See if the dealer will let you drive it for a day.

Last edited by bravo29; 04-12-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Considering Trading my car...hear me out