Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted
C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket Sponsored by
Mid America Motorworks

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 12-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
coSPEED
Supporting Vendor
St. Jude Donor '10

Default LSX OIL CATCH CAN FOR SALE w/ FREE S&H

Purpose of your Stock PCV System:

The PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) system is designed to regulate and remove fumes from the engine crankcase, and to alleviate crankcase pressure which could cause oil leaks or seal damage. The PCV system routes crankcase fumes into the intake manifold where they can be burned to eliminate harmful emissions into the atmosphere. The PCV valve controls the amount of crankcase flow volume depending on the engine's load. With large throttle openings (high engine loads), the more blow-by gases are produced, and the more the PCV system flows oil vapor in to the intake manifold. The PCV valve also functions as a check valve to prevent intake manifold flow from reversing back into the crankcase when there is a backfire, or during periods of high manifold pressure (boost) during forced induction by turbocharger or supercharger.

Negative Effects of your Stock PCV System:

Many Corvette, Camaro, Firebird and GTO owners with LSX engines can testify to the amount of oil residue that can accumulate inside the intake manifold, throttle body, intake track and even the air filter during aggressive driving conditions.

There are various negative effects when excess oil vapor contaminates the intake system from the stock PCV system - such as:

*Throttle body and/or MAFS (Mass Air Flow Sensor) malfunction or failure.

*Air filter, intercooler (if equipped) and intake ducting contamination if oil pools and run back out the intake system after engine shutdown.

*Reduced octane of the air/fuel mixture, which can cause detonation and the ECM (Engine Control Module) to retard timing, thereby reducing engine power.

*Excessive carbon build-up on valves, piston crowns, combustion chambers and spark plugs. This also increases the chance of detonation and power loss.

*Increased emissions & possible contamination of catalytic converters and oxygen sensors.

Bottom line: Excessive amounts of oil vapor in the intake manifold is detrimental to your engine!

Solution: Install the E2 Elite Engineering PCV Oil Catch Can!

Ultimate Function:
The E2 Elite Engineering PCV Oil Catch Can is designed to effectively separate oil from the crankcase vapors, thereby eliminating all negative effects of excessive intake system oil contamination. Our Catch Can has been engineered to remove the oil vapor before it has a chance to contaminate your intake system.

Not all Catch Cans are created equally! Often Imitated, never duplicated. Most Catch Cans on the market are just comprised of an empty container with 2 ports. While that simple design may trap a few oil droplets, our Catch Can is designed to condense the oil vapor and trap the oil inside the container.

Our test proven design incorporates a stainless steel mesh and screening mechanism that acts like a maze to collect and condense the oil vapor. Once the oil vapors condense into liquid droplets, it falls to the bottom of the can. In addition, the top assembly is specially designed to keep any liquid from climbing out the exit hole during aggressive driving conditions. Stored oil volume is approximately 8 ounces. You will be amazed by how much oil our Catch Can will catch! Don't settle for an inferior competitor's product. Insist on Elite Engineering's Catch Can!

Premium Construction:
The Elite Engineering PCV Oil Catch Can is constructed of the finest materials inside and out. High performance car owners insist on the best products that offer unsurpassed function as well as impressive visual enhancement. Our Catch Can does both! Our exclusive design incorporates optimum function and the finest materials, construction and finish for maximum dependability.

The 2.6" diameter by 6.0" long body is machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, and then anodized in a variety of colors for a striking look. The internal condensing screen is stainless steel encased inside an aluminum alloy housing designed for low flow restriction. The housing can be disassembled for screen inspection, cleaning or replacement if needed. The inlet and outlet hose fittings are brass, and threaded into the body and sealed with Teflon tape. Supplied hoses are fuel and oil vapor compatible (SAE 30R7 rated). The bottom catch can reservoir screws onto the top of the unit, and is sealed with a built in O-ring. Inspection and cleaning is easy by simply removing the bottom of the unit without disturbing the mounting system or hoses.

In keeping with our high quality standards, all supplied mounting hardware and screws are stainless steel. The supplied custom machined bracket is aluminum, and is attached to the passenger side engine head. Click here, take a look at our instructions page to see how simple the installation is.

Each Catch Can kit includes everything you need to install the system. Basic mechanical skills and common hand tools are the only things required.

Kit Includes:

*Catch Can assembly beautifully anodized in choice of available colors, complete with 3/8" barbed inlet/outlet hose fittings.
*Custom machined mounting
*Stainless steel mounting hardware.
*24 inches of 3/8" ID fuel and oil vapor compatible hose.
*Black zinc plated hose clamps. We are offering our Catch Cans in the (4) four most requested colors: Anodized in Red, Silver, Black, and Blue

CLICK >>> RX PERFORMANCE OIL CATCH CANS <<< CLICK

The RX can is the only unit available that has integrated positive closing poly check valves & self regulates the amount of flow eliminating oil pull-through during deceleration from WOT runs.

The cans are nearly 1 qt capacity, have a unique disc baffling system and perforated dispersion tube to ensure the vapors not only cool quickly to droplets, but the large separation chamber allows the flow to slow enough for the droplets to fall out of suspension trapping it before the vapors travel a final passes through a separate exit chamber and out the integrated check valve.

The dual valve unit is the ONLY one on the market that ensures continuous crankcase evacuation no matter what the operating mode. In boost or not, the dual valve unit detects the moment the intake manifold becomes pressurized closes preventing the boost from pressurizing the crankcase, and opens the valve allowing the FI head unit inlet to provide the vacuum needed for continuous evacuation.

Remote drain tube makes emptying simple & mess free.
Optional breather oil fill cap with built in one way check valve.
Available in most popular GM colors or polished aluminum.

If you have any questions, please e-mail or call us as we do not frequent CORVETTE FORUM and may not answer any posts in a timely manner. Thank you.

www.coloradoSPEED.com since 2003

888-592-6661 | E-MAIL
follow us and join our facebook fans
remote tuning via hp tuners available

Last edited by coSPEED; 09-07-2014 at 03:11 PM.
coSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
LPDesRoche
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to LPDesRoche

Do you have any pics of the dual checkvalve model mounted on a vette with a blower (centri style blower).
01 Yellow Z06 (supercharger project underway)
87 Black Coupe Auto Z52 HERS(going strong with 225,000 miles on the original motor)
LPDesRoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:17 AM   #3
triblk6spd
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

So the single valve is for nonboosted applications and the double valve is for boosted?
10 FJ Cruiser
01 SS Camaro

Wrap Dynamics
"Vehicle Wraps Done Right"
Austin, Texas

triblk6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
07MontRedcp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triblk6spd View Post
So the single valve is for nonboosted applications and the double valve is for boosted?
Yep, under boost the PVC one way valve sees boost rather than vacuum and closes off the flow from the valley cover. You need another source of vacuum to evacuate the crank case through the catch can. I am just finishing up with the dual valve install on my APS TT. I will put up pictures and a diagram of my setup in the next few days.

BJK
'07 Z51, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). ZR1 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Last edited by 07MontRedcp; 01-03-2011 at 12:07 PM.
07MontRedcp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
Vettedriver986
CF Senior Member

how is this installed? how are the hoses routed? i am considering purchasing
Vettedriver986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #6
07MontRedcp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettedriver986 View Post
I took several pictures of my install earlier today, I'll probably have the rest late tonight or tomorrow.

BJK
'07 Z51, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). ZR1 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
Vettedriver986
CF Senior Member

nice please let me know... is it just two lines?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #8
07MontRedcp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
nice please let me know... is it just two lines?
Depends, do you have a super charger setup? If yes than you should use the dual valve can and that has three connections. If you are have an NA engine, then you will want the single valve can and it uses two hoses. Here is a poor picture of my dual valve can. I am just not ready to do a full write yet as I need more and better photos and a schematic of the hook up.....tomorrow.

BJK
Attached Images

Last edited by 07MontRedcp; 01-06-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #9
spoon98hatch
CF Senior Member

How would this mount with a Centri set up?
spoon98hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #10
Vettedriver986
CF Senior Member

Well, I am doing single turbo. Where do you have your three hoses coming from? One from passenger valve cover right? one from intake manifild, and one from where else?
Old 01-04-2011, 11:12 PM   #11
07MontRedcp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Well, I am doing single turbo. Where do you have your three hoses coming from? One from passenger valve cover right? one from intake manifild, and one from where else?
Here is the schematic for my twin turbo set. I did not use a second can for the clean air connection, i.e., the valve covers, instead I just used the PCV from APS TT.....a REALLY good valve BTW to control clean air reversion.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1571625933-post86.html

BJK
Old 01-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #12
07MontRedcp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon98hatch View Post
How would this mount with a Centri set up?
Here is a schematic for a centri setup. Scroll down near the bottom of the page: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1574669412-post1.html

BJK
Old 01-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #13
07MontRedcp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Here is my final hose routing for my APS TT. The two hoses that drop down to the front of the car connect into the turbo intake system just after the K&N air filters. (pictures one & five) The hose that runs between the two valve covers and is teed to the diver side inlet through a one way check valve is the clean air line. The third hose on the catch can is routed down to the passenger side inlet. It's purpose is to provide an alternate vacuum source for the purging of the valley cover when the throttle body connection is cut off because the engine and intake manifold are under boost.

BJK
Attached Images

Last edited by 07MontRedcp; 01-06-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #14
The Bat Car
CF Senior Member

This is he ONLY system I have seen that ensures proper evac on a turbo or frony mount SC setup. The dual valves automatically close & open as it senses boost in the intake.

How is it working? And oil or crankcase pressure issues?
The Bat Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:53 AM   #15
07MontRedcp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Car View Post
This is the ONLY system I have seen that ensures proper evac on a turbo or front mount SC setup. The dual valves automatically close & open as it senses boost in the intake.

How is it working? Any oil or crankcase pressure issues?
My car is still up on blocks. Right now I am involved with coil overs and a Z06 fuel pump swap.

BJK
Old 01-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #16
Vettedriver986
CF Senior Member

why might you need the filter for the additional 39.00?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #17
The Bat Car
CF Senior Member

Quote:
why might you need the filter for the additional 39.00?
The breather eliminates the 2nd route of oil ingestion by eliminating the OEM make up air line. At WOT some oil enters the airbridge via this tube and coats the throttle body blade and intake. Not near as much as the PCV lines, but still an arear of concern. It has an integrated checkvalve to prevent vapors escaping into the engine compartment. Have it on mine and it works!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #18
Vettedriver986
CF Senior Member

pm me, I need to order a dual valve setup with additional filter for oil cap
Old 02-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #19
The Bat Car
CF Senior Member

Anyone else have pictures of theirs installed and some feedback on how there working?

Old 02-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #20
The Bat Car
CF Senior Member

Pics of another Vortech install:

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:14 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted
Reload this Page LSX OIL CATCH CAN FOR SALE w/ FREE S&H

Tags
2010, boost, camaro, catch, corvette, daul, dual, oil, performace, performance, rx, sale, tap, vaccum, valve