C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

o2 senser

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 01:26 PM
kenny sibley
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 senser

have headers on my c5zo6 for a few years, check engine light came on scan said o2sensor slow to heat changed o2, drove one day light came back on, changed sensors again andreset scan, light came back on. any ideas?
Old 11-05-2014, 08:38 PM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny sibley
have headers on my c5zo6 for a few years, check engine light came on scan said o2sensor slow to heat changed o2, drove one day light came back on, changed sensors again andreset scan, light came back on. any ideas?
Fronts or backs? Bank 1 or 2? Backs should have been deactivated after the header install. Check the wiring and make sure the heater voltage is good at the sensors.

You can deactivate that code, but you had gone so many years with it operating, I would check everything first before going that route.

Ed M
Old 11-20-2014, 01:10 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 282 Likes on 259 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

This is a very common issue with long tube headers----Because with LT's you move the front 02 bungs as much as 3 ft further back---So they don't heat up well and don't respond well--This is why LT headers are illegal in many states--It makes the fueling go crazy--most often way RICH
Most common fix for this is---install REAR 02 sensors onto the front locations-----The rears because they are even further back are much more sensitive and heat up way better---before you panic---try this---
Old 11-20-2014, 11:40 AM
XotiK ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Racetronix has the converters to allow the rear O2 sensors to connect to the front harness. I am about to do the same swap due to a similar issue. Hope it works.

Get notified of new replies

To o2 senser

Quick Reply: o2 senser