C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

No Scan Codes and Other Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 03:28 PM
bobr8868
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Scan Codes and Other Issues

Man have I got a problem. I can't pull ANY scan codes. I mean holding down Options and pressing Fuel four times does nothing. Also, engine tries to start (fires) then immediately dies. Also, drivers seat won't work, door locks, radio, steering wheel movement, and others are inoperable. MAN DO I NEED SOME HELP! Where do I start?
Old 04-21-2015, 10:52 AM
jhopper408
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I would take it to a good mechanic!
Old 04-21-2015, 07:17 PM
c31980
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get a scan tool
Old 05-05-2015, 03:04 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Just like your lap-top at home these car computers get glitches from time to time----
The 1st thing to do is to disconnect the battery overnight and let the computer re-set itself ---Most always this will eliminate all the ECM glitches---The problems you describe indicate a communication issue between your ECM and your BCM-----
Old 05-05-2015, 08:26 AM
bobr8868
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
Just like your lap-top at home these car computers get glitches from time to time----
The 1st thing to do is to disconnect the battery overnight and let the computer re-set itself ---Most always this will eliminate all the ECM glitches---The problems you describe indicate a communication issue between your ECM and your BCM-----
FYI... I have solved the problem. It seems a short in the seat control module created a no comm condition for all systems resulting in no run for the engine, no radio, no tilt steering control, no windows, no security, and many more. It doesn't make since that a short in one module would affect all others to this degree, but it did. I was really looking at grounds, but glad I didn't. For all those who may stumble on this thread in the future, replacing seat control module cured all my issues.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:50 AM
enoniam
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by bobr8868
FYI... I have solved the problem. It seems a short in the seat control module created a no comm condition for all systems resulting in no run for the engine, no radio, no tilt steering control, no windows, no security, and many more. It doesn't make since that a short in one module would affect all others to this degree, but it did. I was really looking at grounds, but glad I didn't. For all those who may stumble on this thread in the future, replacing seat control module cured all my issues.
Glad you got it fixed. How did you track it down to the seat control module?
Old 08-10-2015, 11:38 PM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

don't you all love these threads, where the op will cry for help but when he supposedly has figure it out and others ask him questions the ops disappears from the face of the earth.

Get notified of new replies

To No Scan Codes and Other Issues

Quick Reply: No Scan Codes and Other Issues