C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Gurus....door lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:09 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Default Electrical Gurus....door lock issues

This is weird, and has me confused.... The key fob, or so I thought, wasn't acting right a few days ago. So, I started at what I thought was the logical place to start. I replaced the batteries in both fobs and did the "relearn" on them.

Today, I go out to run some errands, and found things still aren't right. Here's what I have:
A) Both the fobs, as well as the driver's side door switch, will lock the passenger door and arm the security system. Neither fob, nor the driver's door switch, will lock the driver's door;
B) If manually locked, both fobs and/or the door switch will unlock the driver's door and disarm the security system;
C) the key will lock/unlock the driver's door, and the inside lock lever works the lock. (The mechanical connection is OK)
D) I checked the "DIC", and there are no codes showing at all. I tried another relearn and nothing changed.

Any thoughts??

Knock on wood, at least the gas gauge is functioning!!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:16 PM
bbentley40
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First thing I would check with the wiring that goes through the boot between the car and the door. There is a known problem about the skin of one of the wires in there pulling back and causing a short. Generally you can get it working again by just wiggling the wires inside the boot. I think Bill Curlee has some pretty detailed pictures somewhere showing this fix. At the very least you could PM him and ask.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:29 PM
BlackZ06
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Your Door Control Module (DCM) is messed up ..... see this thread on how to fix it ....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1606865

Old 06-05-2008, 07:15 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Thanks, guys!

And a real thanks to Bakersfield for the detailed write-up...

Get notified of new replies

To Electrical Gurus....door lock issues

Quick Reply: Electrical Gurus....door lock issues