C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Water Pump??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Edelbrock Water Pump??

Has anybody tried out this new Edelbrock Victor series water pump #8896? Supposedly it pumps about 15% more flow and provides equal distribution to (within 1%) to both sides of the block. AND, does anybody know where to get one???

GM/LS
As-Cast Polished EnduraShine
Two-Piece Pump for GM Gen III & IV LS
(3/4" pilot shaft) ........................................ ................................#8896 ..........N/A ................N/A
Fits 1997-2007 GM Gen III LS1 and Gen IV LS2 engines with 2004 & later two-piece Thermostat
(GM PN 12581594). Has 3/4" ball/ball bearing. Dimension from block surface to hub: 6".
Replacement Cartridge
for Edelbrock GM Gen III & IV LS water pump........................#8897
Standard Rotation
Old 01-15-2008, 08:40 PM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

I have been researching water pumps and didn't see this one. Stewart now has one but it is race only. The Evans is the best one I have found yet. Not sure I like the white metal impeller, the Evans is billet aluminum impeller. Where did you find the information on this pump?

OK, found it in their 2008 New Products brochure. Only vendor I see having it listed does not have a price yet.

Very interesting, have to keep my eye on this one

Last edited by vettenuts; 01-15-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:16 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by vettenuts
I have been researching water pumps and didn't see this one. Stewart now has one but it is race only. The Evans is the best one I have found yet. Not sure I like the white metal impeller, the Evans is billet aluminum impeller. Where did you find the information on this pump?

OK, found it in their 2008 New Products brochure. Only vendor I see having it listed does not have a price yet.

Very interesting, have to keep my eye on this one
I first saw it this months issue of GM High Tech on page 31. I went to Edelbrock's web page and couldn't find it till I opened their section on their 2008 catalog and there it is listed as a new item. It has a 3/4" pilot shaft, O ring seals to the block, and a powdered metal impeller. I guess that's all good stuff to have. I just want to know how it's priced and who has them. I don't think it comes with the bell the belt rides on and I'm not sure how you get the bell off ours to put on it. Ideas?
Old 01-16-2008, 02:32 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

I would try Summit or Jegs, they are likely to be the first recipients (and have the best prices).
Old 01-16-2008, 05:48 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

When I did a search, the only location it came up was Byunspeed and he doesn't have a price on it yet. If its priced the same as the Evans then to me the Evans would get the nod since it comes with a billet pulley and although will use the stock thermostat, the Evan thermostat will flow more when it opens.

Found this, doesn't have the new Edelbrock pump but has good information.

Ics baby, ice

Last edited by vettenuts; 01-16-2008 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Twospeed
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am waiting on some items to be released from Edlebrock also. The release date is supposed to be some time in March. No prices have been released at this point that I know of. The water pump looks good. I am waiting on their two piece timing cover. I hope Edlebrock doesn't freak out and impose the Vette tax on these items, but we will see.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Not to stray off topic, but do you have a link to the timing cover? I have seen the QTP and it is a beautiful part.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Twospeed
Racer

A timing cover is a timing cover. An asking price of 425-475. is way too much, especially when gen I & II two piece timing covers range around 100-175. GM's price for the front distributor drive for the LSx series motors is close to or around what the current two piece cover is going for, and the GM piece is way more complex so I think the GM price is justified. The other one is just overpriced. Yes I know it is CNC made from a single block of unobtainium but its still too expensive for what it is.That's why I am waiting for Edlebrock to see what happens. There is another company that cuts a stock one in half and welds on lips but the shop didn't return any of my my e-mails.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:56 PM
thetorch
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vettenuts
Not to stray off topic, but do you have a link to the timing cover? I have seen the QTP and it is a beautiful part.
Hey Bob,
The timing cover and water pump are in the Edelbrock 2008 new products brochure: http://www.edelbrock.com/images/home/npb_2008.pdf
Old 01-16-2008, 04:00 PM
thetorch
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Twospeed
A timing cover is a timing cover. An asking price of 425-475. is way too much, especially when gen I & II two piece timing covers range around 100-175. GM's price for the front distributor drive for the LSx series motors is close to or around what the current two piece cover is going for, and the GM piece is way more complex so I think the GM price is justified. The other one is just overpriced. Yes I know it is CNC made from a single block of unobtainium but its still too expensive for what it is.That's why I am waiting for Edlebrock to see what happens. There is another company that cuts a stock one in half and welds on lips but the shop didn't return any of my my e-mails.
Amen, brother! It seems that the 'Vette Tax' is bleeding over into LSx engine parts.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock Water Pump??

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Water Pump??